Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 06:47 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,639,123 times

Advertisements

I posted this in another thread, which turned out to be a very old comversation, but I thought I'd pass along some good info anyway:

In our neighborhood we recently had a safety awareness presentation by the North Port Police Dept. The speaker emphasized that anyone soliciting in North Port HAS TO have a permit. This permit application gives the police an opportunity to know who is doing what in the city. He said a lot of times solicitors are actually bad guys looking for houses where no one is home.

The officer said if you have a suspicious solicitor, call the police non-emergency number, which is (941) 429-7300. They will send an office out to check for the permit, and take a minute to talk to the person, run their tag number, and ensure the person is not a criminal.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2015, 07:39 PM

1,973 posts, read 2,276,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlking58 View Post
I posted this in another thread, which turned out to be a very old comversation, but I thought I'd pass along some good info anyway:

In our neighborhood we recently had a safety awareness presentation by the North Port Police Dept. The speaker emphasized that anyone soliciting in North Port HAS TO have a permit. This permit application gives the police an opportunity to know who is doing what in the city. He said a lot of times solicitors are actually bad guys looking for houses where no one is home.

The officer said if you have a suspicious solicitor, call the police non-emergency number, which is (941) 429-7300. They will send an office out to check for the permit, and take a minute to talk to the person, run their tag number, and ensure the person is not a criminal.

Old 05-05-2015, 04:54 PM

3,930 posts, read 6,449,992 times
I put up a sign by the door that says
No Soliciting
We are too broke to buy anything
We know who we are voting for
We have already found Jesus
Seriously, unless you are giving away free beer,
Please Just Go Away.

Works.

Old 05-05-2015, 05:39 PM

1,973 posts, read 2,276,310 times
Today we had window and door installation reps hahahaha The Tag Team from Monte Python at best.. Ridiculous !!
Move on MOVE ON dont make me loose the lions hahahaa

Old 05-07-2015, 07:34 AM

450 posts, read 598,281 times
Please watch solicitors. Recently We ran a door to door alarm solicitor off our land. He became irate and said he had the Mayor's permission to be there. I told him the Mayor didn't pay taxes here and he didn't have my permission. That's when he threw papers at me And I turned the hose on him.
That weekend was a long one and we went to the lake. When we got home the security camera had been painted black, the door lock crazy glued and the garage door broken and the hose put inside and turned on. The following week he rang the bell again. He said he heard about the vandalism and thought we might want to want to change our minds.
Since we had no proof we couldn't accuse him and the Sheriff said there was nothing they could do. So, now we're nervous, not knowing what may happen next.
So, take it from me, watch what you say to solicitors. It can be very dangerous and costly.

Old 05-07-2015, 08:59 AM

2,837 posts, read 2,697,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worren View Post
Please watch solicitors. Recently We ran a door to door alarm solicitor off our land. He became irate and said he had the Mayor's permission to be there. I told him the Mayor didn't pay taxes here and he didn't have my permission. That's when he threw papers at me And I turned the hose on him.
That weekend was a long one and we went to the lake. When we got home the security camera had been painted black, the door lock crazy glued and the garage door broken and the hose put inside and turned on. The following week he rang the bell again. He said he heard about the vandalism and thought we might want to want to change our minds.
Since we had no proof we couldn't accuse him and the Sheriff said there was nothing they could do. So, now we're nervous, not knowing what may happen next.
So, take it from me, watch what you say to solicitors. It can be very dangerous and costly.
Where was this and what alarm company was he representing?

Old 05-07-2015, 09:56 AM

2,609 posts, read 2,827,335 times
Quote:
Lock & Load!

Old 05-07-2015, 10:10 AM

5,818 posts, read 12,632,212 times
Default Recently We ran a door to door alarm solicitor off our land

Where was this? Wow. I usually tell them no thanks I'm not interested. Sounds like this guy needs to be shot.

Old 05-07-2015, 10:11 AM

2,837 posts, read 2,697,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
Where was this? Wow. I usually tell them no thanks I'm not interested. Sounds like this guy needs to be shot.
Or an application of Doberman.

Old 05-07-2015, 11:16 AM

1,646 posts, read 3,029,280 times
Quote:

You turned the hose on him and wonder why he holds a grudge? Haha, I like your style .

I had a nice young college guy come selling magazines a few weeks ago, saying he was doing it for a school trip to Europe. I listened to him and even gave him a beer. The prices were outrageous and something seemed off so I told him he can have another beer but I won't be buying any magazines.

When he left I looked up his "company" on google and sure enough it was a total scam and the the whole school trip to Europe story was verbatim with what the scam victims all described.

Sooooo, I went outside and found him 3 doors down at an elderly neighbor woman's house talking on the porch. I told him he is working for a scam outfit and to leave the neighborhood immediately and never come back. He admitted his story was bogus and said he was new to the company and didn't know, sure. I followed him a half a mile on foot and made sure he kept walking.

He won't be back.....I told him I was only interested in magazines like Guns and Ammo, Shooter's Digest etc...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte