Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte
 [Register]
Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte Charlotte County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-15-2011, 06:14 PM

2 posts, read 4,892 times

Advertisements

Seriously looking to relocate from the frozen cornfields of Nebraska to SW Florida. I have been going to the Clearwater area for past 10 years but now looking further south (Punta Gorda, Port Charlotte). Punta Gorda Isle PGI keeps sparking my interest. Looking at a 3/2/2 home on a canal with gulf access. My problem is I have never spent time in the area. Tried the Cape and Ft. Myers area for a week here and there, wasn't thrilled with how spread out the cape is. Need/want a downtown area not in the middle of 24/7 traffic. Any input on PGI area? Thanks much....brrrr
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-15-2011, 08:21 PM

2,356 posts, read 5,097,171 times
I fly into punta gorda, and spend time over at harpoon harry's at fisherman's village. Personally I don't see a big difference between punta gorda and the south parts of cape coral

Old 01-16-2011, 06:29 AM

5,503 posts, read 7,342,229 times
Joe. I wonder if you saw the new Fort Myers downtown. It sound like what you are looking for.

Old 02-02-2011, 07:20 AM

2 posts, read 4,892 times
Default Pgi

I have not but will def check it out this spring...thanks

Old 02-02-2011, 09:07 AM

4 posts, read 8,188 times
Downtown Fort Myers Riverfront District is very nice and quaint and the Greater Fort Myers area is some of the best boating in the United States.

I am not sure what your price range is but The Iona district is an ideal location in South Fort Myers (sort of across from the most southern point of Cape Coral), minutes to the Gulf.

Old 02-02-2011, 06:41 PM

463 posts, read 867,764 times
Joe
I too live in the frozen tundra of Nebraska.Two years ago we purchased a home in Port Charlotte ( with a Punta Gorda zip )and absolutly love it.Last year my mother went down to our place and bought a house around the corner She came back to Nebraska just long enough to pack.She paid 86000.00 for a home that sold for 282000.00 in 06 move in ready .The area you are talking about is nice. I dont know what part of Nebraska you are in but they have flights to Ft Myers out of Grand Island.
Even if you dont buy on the water ther are good accesses all over and the fishing is great.
Good Luck
Pat

Old 02-03-2011, 05:34 PM

493 posts, read 1,387,729 times
There are several people on the Sarasota-Bradenton-Venice forum who are familiar with the area and live there as well. Big House lives in PG Isles you might want to ask him those questions. Good luck!

Old 02-04-2011, 08:28 PM

55 posts, read 135,186 times
We live in PGI and have been here for a little over a year and we live here full time. We love it and are completely happy, we are in our late 30's. The downtown area is mom & pop restaraunts and bars and no franchises are allowed. It has an incredible charm and it's laid back and quiet. Some would say it's too sleepy but that's how we like it, we can quickly drive to Port Charlotte or Ft Myers if we dont want "sleepy".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Punta Gorda - Port Charlotte