Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-19-2017, 05:21 PM

85 posts, read 67,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by .sparrow. View Post
It is a very deep loss.
When they leave, they take a piece of our soul with them.
And we carry a part of their soul with us.
It's almost like jigsaw pieces.
We are only back whole when we reunite some day.
The pain is so great, we all understand.
They share so much of our lives. So many routines throughout the day.

Sometimes, they come to us in our dreams to comfort us.To let us know they are ok. Maybe just a passing glimpse of them.
Or a dream where you hug them.

I believe these dreams are to let us know, this is not the end. To let us realize that we need to keep the love alive in our heart until we meet again. To let us know that it is what we're supposed to do and it is ok.

Love never ends. It is only at the moment of parting do we truly begin to realize just how deep our love has grown. Whoever created us... do you think this Creator would allow that love, once fully realized, to be in vain?
NEVER. Our treasure is in heaven. (our treasure is our love for those beings we shared life with.)

It may take awhile, but pay attention to your dreams.

Much love,
sparrow
Yes, thank you. I do have some kind of vague feeling that he is still here with me. One night last week I woke up and I felt something near my leg on the bed. Maybe it is a way of saying I am still with you? Not sure if that is just the grief talking.

I am just so used to seeing his little face when I come home. Or hear him sniffing at the door to come inside.

It's things like this that stay with you for a very long time. It's such a lonely feeling to not hear them any more. I am trying to keep them in my memory.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-19-2017, 06:50 PM

780 posts, read 1,344,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by misscath007 View Post
Yes, thank you. I do have some kind of vague feeling that he is still here with me. One night last week I woke up and I felt something near my leg on the bed. Maybe it is a way of saying I am still with you? Not sure if that is just the grief talking.

I am just so used to seeing his little face when I come home. Or hear him sniffing at the door to come inside.

It's things like this that stay with you for a very long time. It's such a lonely feeling to not hear them any more. I am trying to keep them in my memory.
I hear ya

You get so used to everything they used to do, when they're gone, it's like a big piece of your heart being ripped out. My Skylar passed away just last Christmas eve, and even now, he's still the first thing I think about when I get up, and the last thing I think about when I go to bed. Coming home from work is the worst part of it, because I was used to hearing him whine from excitement of seeing me come home at night, and losing that, felt like a huge part of me died with him...

I hope our deceased pets stay with us forever. If there is a heaven, how can they not be there waiting for us ( I'm hoping!! ) and as hard as it is, try and remember the good and funny times you had with him, that's what I've been trying to do anyway...

Hugs go out to you too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge