Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-03-2018, 09:27 AM

10,057 posts, read 18,120,900 times

Advertisements

Some of you know I lost my sweet kitty Einstein (Eini) on September 17, 2017 -- well over a year ago now. He was only 8 years old and I expected to have him for another 10-12 years, so it was both shocking and heartbreaking to lose him so young.

Here he is (red kitty) snoozin' with his big brother Hansel (black kitty) ... I named this photo "hansel_einstein_sweeties_1-15."

Just now I was reading through some food posts and some music came on on the TV I have in the background -- for some reason I thought, "EINI!" and started crying.

I can't believe how much I still miss him ... and I know those of you who have suffered similar losses can relate.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2018, 09:53 AM

1,227 posts, read 636,359 times
Sorry for your loss, but grief has it's own timetable. You never know what is going to make you start crying because somehow you were reminded of your dearly missed pet. We love our pets, they are part of our family.

Old 02-06-2018, 02:45 PM

10,057 posts, read 18,120,900 times
Maiden_fern, thanks for your kind comments. I've had grief hit me out of the blue before (for Eini and for other kitties I've lost), but geez, I'll never get used to it.

Old 02-06-2018, 09:48 PM

587 posts, read 225,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karen_in_nh_2012
I can't believe how much I still miss him ... and I know those of you who have suffered similar losses can relate.
Yes we sure can!!!!

Im so sorry for yuor loss Karen... Thank you for that picture!!!

Old 02-06-2018, 10:21 PM

12,477 posts, read 17,817,532 times
I lost a fur baby 13 years ago and she was so super special and close to me. I mean I LOVED that dog so much.................I think about her so much but some days I just burst out crying over losing her. I feel certain I will continue to cry over her and miss her until the day I die. And at that point I hope she is running toward me greeting me in the heavens.

I feel your pain Karen. You're entitled to mourn your fur baby and future fur babies for as long as you want. HUGS

Old 02-06-2018, 10:43 PM

23,426 posts, read 19,043,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maiden_fern View Post
Sorry for your loss, but grief has it's own timetable. You never know what is going to make you start crying because somehow you were reminded of your dearly missed pet. We love our pets, they are part of our family.
I tend to look at grief (maybe I should say "griefs") differently. It is always present because your memory of whatever happened is still filed away someplace, but it can stay tucked away under the surface for days, weeks, years, until just the right trigger re-activates it. Over a very long time that tends to happen less often.

Years ago I lost a beloved aviary bird to a horrible accident. Just what happened is still a mystery that I can't quite resolve in my mind. This is what makes the memory harsher. To this day if I even see video of this bird species or hear its song I just fall apart. I've lost other pets over the years; other birds, dogs, reptiles (yes some of them were just as dear emotionally as the furkids), but a couple stand out because losing them seemed so unjust.

Old 02-07-2018, 12:45 AM

12,477 posts, read 17,817,532 times
Default love this

grief that comes out of nowhere ...-jesus.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Pets > Rainbow Bridge