Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2010, 10:26 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,028,941 times

Advertisements

Hypothetical scenario (ha, we all know what that means):

Let's say that I'm interested in finding a successful man in his 30's who's interested in a relationship. He's the type that likes to wine and dine, fairly easy going and fun (outside of work, of course), in relatively good shape, and not married (obviously).

Where would these guys most likely be found in Raleigh?

I'm just tossing this question out there. And no, I am not looking for a sugar daddy. Believe it or not, some college girls are not into the sloppy and sweaty hookup scene. Besides, I look better in a dress and heels out at dinner than at a frat party.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2010, 10:49 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,148,184 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mango tango View Post
He's the type that likes to wine and dine....And no, I am not looking for a sugar daddy.
There seems to be a contradiction here. If you want to be wined and dined, a sure fire way to make it NOT happen is to ask for it.....just sayin'.

Old 08-26-2010, 10:52 PM

2,115 posts, read 5,028,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
There seems to be a contradiction here. If you want to be wined and dined, a sure fire way to make it NOT happen is to ask for it.....just sayin'.
Not quite. I'm simply pointing out a preference, ie: I prefer men who enjoy going out to nice restaurants and are fairly knowledgeable and interested in wine.

Old 08-26-2010, 11:57 PM

7,141 posts, read 4,736,438 times
Maybe you ought to try some online dating service. Being a single female, I'm sure you have some idea of where single men hang out; i.e., places where people work out; your place of employment; grocery stores; the beach; downtown Raleigh.
Take a class that you're interested in like art, cooking, yoga. It's not a matter of searching for a guy, it's more a matter of your doing things that you're interested in and perhaps finding someone you like at the same time.
best,
toodie

Old 08-27-2010, 05:14 AM

2,086 posts, read 7,642,682 times
Like toodie said, do what you're interested in. If you want to find someone else who likes to eat at nice restaurants and is interested in wine, go to wine tastings and frequent the places you would want to go with said guy. Many of the nice restaurants in the area have lounges or bars, so you can socialize without having to have a formal sit-down meal. Some of the wine stores do tastings, such as the Seaboard Wine Warehouse and Wine Merchant.

Old 08-27-2010, 05:49 AM

450 posts, read 1,553,336 times
Doing something you like in order to find a mate/gf/bf/sig. other doesn't work for some people. I found my wife using an online dating service because I used to spend most of my time in bars back then and I was looking for a woman who wasn't into the bar scene. The good thing about online dating is that you can correspond via email before meeting the person and have a reasonable expectation of hitting it off once you meet (assuming the person passes whatever sniff test you set up before creating your profile).

Old 08-27-2010, 06:23 AM

2,459 posts, read 8,076,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nogard13 View Post
Doing something you like in order to find a mate/gf/bf/sig. other doesn't work for some people. I found my wife using an online dating service because I used to spend most of my time in bars back then and I was looking for a woman who wasn't into the bar scene. The good thing about online dating is that you can correspond via email before meeting the person and have a reasonable expectation of hitting it off once you meet (assuming the person passes whatever sniff test you set up before creating your profile).

You're not alone .. Time magazine had an interesting stat last week - 30% of US couples surveyed between 2007 and 2009 first met online.

Useless data point - we know two couples that met for the first time at a cooking class.

Frank

Old 08-27-2010, 06:32 AM

28 posts, read 60,271 times
Go hang out at the driving range (golf).

Old 08-27-2010, 06:53 AM

6,297 posts, read 16,091,761 times
Men don't know where to hang out to find women and vice versa.

I remember back when I was single many years ago and attended a "Travel Writing" class. I wasn't looking for anyone, seriously. But the class was filled with wonderful women who were!

Same with other events -- at a theater in Rochester, they'd have special singles events, and it would be 99 percent women in attendance. The one man was very happy and later wrote articles entitled, "Where the Single Women are in Rochester." Seriously.

You shouldn't be asking yourself what YOU enjoy. If you're a man, ask what interests WOMEN enjoy, and go. If you're a woman, check out male-dominated activities.

Be careful on choosing the right activity. My husband had this very same idea in his single days and took an interior design course at Peace College, for the sole purpose of meeting women. He had no interest in interior design. Of course, all the female students just assumed he was gay.

P.S. OP, if you're in college, you'll most likely never be around more eligible men at any other time in your life.

Old 08-27-2010, 07:21 AM

8,269 posts, read 25,100,833 times
What about going to some of the local wine tasting events?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary