Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-08-2010, 09:06 AM

1 posts, read 3,019 times

Advertisements

I've just moved to Chapek Hill and am looking for a gynecologist only, I'd prefer a woman who practices only GYN, no OB, and who specilalzes in post-menopausal issues, quality of life, aging, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2010, 08:27 PM

8 posts, read 31,905 times
I've never heard of a gynecologist who doesn't also do OB... that is not to say they don't exist, but I've never heard of any around here. Just out of curiosity, why does that matter? As long as you get the doctor's full attention during your appointments, what difference does it make if she delivers babies when she's not seeing you?

Old 09-10-2010, 02:14 PM

305 posts, read 761,569 times
I believe Anne Ford at Duke Women's Health Associates does not do L&D. They have offices in Durham (Patterson Place) and Brier Creek. Ford, Anne C. - DukeHealth.org I haven't met her, but I had reasonably good experiences with the practice as a whole.

Old 09-10-2010, 08:23 PM
jgb

480 posts, read 1,344,215 times
Amanda in NC, there's a lot involved with delivering babies and prenatal care as well as gyn and other womens health issues, so it really does make sense to split those up. Some docs like to focus on one thing or another and if a woman is out of her childbearing years she will be dealing with other issues so why not have someone who specilzied in that.

I know that UNC has a uro-gyn practice that might be worth checking out. I know the UNC midwives, OBs and family practice are great so that one may be as well.

Old 09-10-2010, 10:42 PM

36 posts, read 102,168 times
I don't know if you would be willing to go to Raleigh but there is a great gyn practice there that specializes in menopausal issues. The website is gynraleigh.com and the doctors are William, Benavides, Marston and Kaminski. If you go to the website you can check out each doctor individually and it tells what each one specializes in. This is an only gyn practice.

Old 09-11-2010, 09:09 AM

251 posts, read 515,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda in NC View Post
I've never heard of a gynecologist who doesn't also do OB... that is not to say they don't exist, but I've never heard of any around here. Just out of curiosity, why does that matter? As long as you get the doctor's full attention during your appointments, what difference does it make if she delivers babies when she's not seeing you?

When I lived in VA, I had a GYN who only did GYN and did not do OB at all. I was glad to have someone who didn't allow children in her waiting area because I was going through a painful period in my life trying to have babies and couldn't. I've since had children, thanks to the miracle of science but I can say there are women out there who want a GYN and not an OBGYN.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary