Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 08:38 PM

1,074 posts, read 3,247,141 times

Advertisements

He'll quit in a year anyway. He won't be able to turn down those big FOX "news" bucks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2011, 08:40 PM

280 posts, read 741,334 times
Why are people talking about what the new Super "may" do? He may or may not do a lot of things. Lets give him a chance to do something before we dissect his actions. Just saying.

Old 01-08-2011, 10:31 PM

6,297 posts, read 16,098,208 times
I think he's going to quit in a year and move to the country of Islam.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cry884 View Post
He'll quit in a year anyway. He won't be able to turn down those big FOX "news" bucks.

Old 01-08-2011, 10:57 PM

2,009 posts, read 3,584,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebrentwood View Post
I do think it's strange that his Facebook page is all about the military and his book. Not a word about education. I guess that's not his main focus. It's not what he's all about. I think that's very sad.

It should be interesting to see if his page changes its focus in the near future.
My Facebook page has nothing about my work. Am I am more than capable at my job.

On topic, I am happy that the new super is concerned with education and not the variety of non related, although fun to discuss issues.

Old 01-09-2011, 06:10 AM

My page doesn't either. But his has his previous work -- the military. And I would guess neither one of us is in line to lead a major school system. His Facebook page gives us one more clue about him: He doesn't know how public relations works or the power of social media.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zinner View Post
My Facebook page has nothing about my work. Am I am more than capable at my job.

On topic, I am happy that the new super is concerned with education and not the variety of non related, although fun to discuss issues.

Last edited by lovebrentwood; 01-09-2011 at 07:03 AM..

Old 01-09-2011, 07:37 AM

57 posts, read 69,831 times
Default Saint Matthews AME meeting went very well

Tony Tata met with leaders in the AA community before going back to Washington. People walked away from the meeting very impressed with Tony. They had one impression of him prior to the meeting and walked away with a very different impression of him. Tony was very open minded and showed he cared about what people had to say. People walked away saying they were pleased with Tony.

Tony Tata is doing a good job of overcoming a guilty until you can prove yourself innocent mentality people have. This is the way to handle yourself when you are representing a large group of people with a wide range of views. He gets more impressive the more we get to know him. He is turning doubters into believers very quickly.

Mr. Tedesco should be forced to take lessons from Tony. John is a bull in a china shop. Open your eyes and ears John. You could learn an awful lot from Tony.

Old 01-09-2011, 08:12 AM

Honeymoon period. He's a charmer.

TTT told the AA group he would listen to their concerns, take in the facts, and then make decisions. We all know what the final results will be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WRAZ View Post
Tony Tata met with leaders in the AA community before going back to Washington. People walked away from the meeting very impressed with Tony. They had one impression of him prior to the meeting and walked away with a very different impression of him. Tony was very open minded and showed he cared about what people had to say. People walked away saying they were pleased with Tony.

Tony Tata is doing a good job of overcoming a guilty until you can prove yourself innocent mentality people have. This is the way to handle yourself when you are representing a large group of people with a wide range of views. He gets more impressive the more we get to know him. He is turning doubters into believers very quickly.

Mr. Tedesco should be forced to take lessons from Tony. John is a bull in a china shop. Open your eyes and ears John. You could learn an awful lot from Tony.

Old 01-09-2011, 08:21 AM

8,269 posts, read 25,110,414 times
What I’m interested in is student achievement, and I’m going to approach everything from a student achievement perspective,”

"We have to look, first and foremost, at what will increase student achievement."

What he actually said it was all about "achievement" not providing the "best education for everyone" and those are two totally different things! Now, I am obviously not against student achievement and that is a component of successful schools, but I don't actually think that is the most important aspect of an education or a school system. Achievement is only as good as the way you measure it.

Anyway, we shall see how he does. I don't think we have much of a choice at this point! But in all honesty, I remain a skeptic, simply because I don't trust this board and I feel like their choice in him is an extension of their agenda.

But I do agree that at least he seems to be more mild mannered than Mr Tedesco!

Last edited by lamishra; 01-09-2011 at 08:29 AM..

Old 01-09-2011, 08:23 AM

57 posts, read 69,831 times
Quote:
Honeymoon period. He's a charmer.

TTT told the AA group he would listen to their concerns, take in the facts, and then make decisions. We all know what the final results will be.
No one knows what the final results will be.

I am always of the mindset to give people the benefit of the doubt. My goal is to always try to work together as a team for the betterment of society. I realize we will always fail if I only care about what is best for me or my way of thinking. I make a point to be aware of the fact that the environment around me is made up of an eclectic array of opinions and they are to be respected. The last thing I want to do is get so obsessed with having it my way that it takes away from what may be the wishes of other people.

By all accounts of anyone who has interacted with Tony, he appears to be exactly what the doctor ordered for the schools system. The end goal is not for me to get my way or for Tedesco to get his way. The end goal is to get the best possible education for all Wake County students. This means the final solution will not be exactly what I envision, nor what Mr. Tedesco envisions.

Coming together for a common end goal is what we need to do. The end goal is a premier education for all students.

Old 01-09-2011, 09:10 AM

3,669 posts, read 6,577,091 times
Default Welcome to 2011.

Quote:
My page doesn't either. But his has his previous work -- the military. And I would guess neither one of us is in line to lead a major school system. His Facebook page gives us one more clue about him: He doesn't know how public relations works or the power of social media.
Six months ago my niece, a recent college graduate, was working with a job recruiter to prepare her for a round of opportunities. The first thing the recruiter did was scour the Internet to dig up whatever dirt he could on her and he found a bucket-load of content (e.g. provocative pictures, inappropriate comments, etc.). The first thing he had her do was kill her Facebook and Twitter accounts. Despite the fact that all of what he found reflected on four years of college living not unlike most of what we all experienced, it was still her public face. That's the world we live in now whether or not we like it.

Tony Tata sounded remarkably intelligent and spot-on in the video I witnessed and would think that his ability to motivate a crowd equal to the task (his military career by itself would make me think that to be true). I would never rely upon his Facebook page to draw any conclusion about the man because I don't think very many of us use that forum quite that way. Facebook is my personal online playground while LinkedIn is where I present my professional self. Besides if anyone really cared enough to research the man they would've found his actual online biography (http://ajtata.com/about - broken link) and this thread would've been placed back on its rails. After reading the bio I'm thinking if he's not qualified for the job it's likely no one is.

Besides, after four years here in Wake County I'm glad to hear someone say that they're going to focus on performance over diversity. My kids have been in schools where more than a third of the student population is bused from other neighborhoods, show up looking exhausted, leave later than everyone else and whose parents never participate or show up for anything because the school is far away from where they live. My experience is that diversity does nothing to enhance or improve anyones educational experience. Personally I love that my kids have been exposed to a broader cross-section of society (I went to public schools in NYC) but that has nothing to do with reading, writing or mathematics. Children should go to schools in their own neighborhood and the only exception should be for those institutions that offer special programs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary