Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2011, 12:53 PM

476 posts, read 1,296,566 times

Advertisements

We are considering private school for our daughters who will be entering elementary this year. Can anyone offer an insight on the various "Christian" schools - Wake Christian, Cary Christian, Grace Christian? Also how do they compare to Cary Academy?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-02-2011, 01:03 PM

450 posts, read 1,350,525 times
I don't know a lot about them; but I do know Cary Christian teaches a classical curriculum, which some people love and other people don't like at all. It's definitely rigorous, and I think I'd like it - at least to a point. I'm pretty sure neither of the others is classical, but I don't know what curricula they use - I do know people who have loved their experiences at Wake Christian. I know nothing about Grace.

Old 02-02-2011, 06:43 PM
ERH

1,699 posts, read 2,529,893 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sushiqueen View Post
We are considering private school for our daughters who will be entering elementary this year. Can anyone offer an insight on the various "Christian" schools - Wake Christian, Cary Christian, Grace Christian? Also how do they compare to Cary Academy?
Cary Academy's enrollment begins in sixth grade (unless something has changed that is completely off my radar).

I saw a WRAL news story last night about charter and private-school enrollment being up substantially, no doubt due to the instability of the WCPSS. For instance, Exploris MS had only 43 spots available in his entry class, and enrollment was up significantly (we are #168 on the wait list, so NO CHANCE of getting in). Cardinal Gibbons HS also has a wait list.

Old 02-02-2011, 09:29 PM

59 posts, read 132,013 times
What does the tuition generally run for these schools?

Old 02-04-2011, 05:42 PM

564 posts, read 873,166 times
Tuition/fees are found on most of the schools websites. I have found most are around $9000+ when you add up the tuition and fees. Some are even much higher than that. A few are more affordable. Neuse Christian Academy and Friendship Christian (both in Raleigh on Falls of Neuse Road) are less expensive alternatives.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary