Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2007, 08:26 AM

120 posts, read 758,568 times

Advertisements

I'm leaving for Durham (from NM) at the end of the month. Unfortunately, I won't be able to close on the new house until August 15th. Once I get to Durham, I'll need to put the family kitty in a kennel. (I'm not sure what to do with the lizard yet. Still thinking about that one.)

At any rate, I've searched the threads, but most of the recommendations are for dog kennels. Can anyone recommend a nice place that takes cats? Maybe some of the dog kennels take cats as well? I know she's not going to be thrilled with the idea of being caged up for that long, and especially not after three days in the car, but she'll get over it. I've had her in a kennel once before and she did just fine - but like all pet owners, I want to know she's in a place where she'll be well looked after.
Attached Thumbnails
Need cat kennel in Durham or Chapel Hill-img_0606.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-07-2007, 10:39 AM

3,021 posts, read 11,058,474 times
Heather, I don't know of any kennels, but I just had to say that your cat is ADORABLE!!!! I wonder if there are any people out there who foster cats who might be available to look after your fur baby for a couple of weeks. Hmmm.

What type of lizard do you have? Something larger like an iguana?

Old 07-07-2007, 09:22 PM

Thanks, MrsSteel. She's a real sweetheart. We adopted her from the Mescalero Apache reservation near our town. We think that's why she's such a good hunter - it's all that native american kitty blood.

If I don't get any recommendations, I guess I'll start calling vets in the area and asking them for tips. Surely there must be some room at the inn somewhere in Durham!

Old 07-07-2007, 11:09 PM

3,124 posts, read 12,667,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heathercp View Post
I'm leaving for Durham (from NM) at the end of the month. Unfortunately, I won't be able to close on the new house until August 15th. Once I get to Durham, I'll need to put the family kitty in a kennel. (I'm not sure what to do with the lizard yet. Still thinking about that one.)

At any rate, I've searched the threads, but most of the recommendations are for dog kennels. Can anyone recommend a nice place that takes cats? Maybe some of the dog kennels take cats as well? I know she's not going to be thrilled with the idea of being caged up for that long, and especially not after three days in the car, but she'll get over it. I've had her in a kennel once before and she did just fine - but like all pet owners, I want to know she's in a place where she'll be well looked after.
Paws at Play in Wake Forest, not in your area, but they do well with cats. Your lizard...ah...I don't know. You might want to ask the various kennels...they might be willing to help out (for a price) if you can provide the enviroment.

Old 07-08-2007, 08:28 AM

Thanks for the tip about Paws at Play. I just looked at their website - it looks great! I don't minding driving to Wake Forest, really. It's not like I'd be making the trip every day. And after coming all the way from New Mexico, it's practically right around the corner.

The lizard is small, a leopard gecko. I think I'll just haul him around with me (poor guy). Actually, I don't think he much cares one way or the other. You can look straight in one ear and out the other side. I wonder if the reptilian brain is located somewhere else....

Geez! I'm sitting at my computer working on this reply and BOOM! A bird hits my sliding glass door. When I look over, I see that the bird has hit the door from the INSIDE! Sweet Pea has brought me another present. I was actually wondering where the cat was. Hadn't seen her since sometime yesterday morning. I'm not sure how long the bird has been in the house, but one thing I know for sure, the bird didn't fly through the cat door on its own. I got the slider open and the bird flew out and is now sitting in my ficus tree with a story to tell. Good grief.

Old 08-02-2007, 10:41 AM

2,135 posts, read 7,656,638 times
Best Friends in Durham boards cats & dogs. I'm looking to board my pets there.

Old 08-02-2007, 10:55 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,163,684 times
PetsHotel in some PetsMart stores takes kitties.

There's one near me on Capital Blvd next to Target.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary