Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2015, 10:33 AM

3,050 posts, read 4,994,249 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emitchell View Post
Have never tried one of those, but unsure how it would work for those of us not super-skilled at ice-breaking small talk with strangers.

Shouldn't be too hard to screen out the worst of the creeps and crazies on-line, look for the profiles with muscle cars, tank tops, big fish and bathroom selfies. Makes us nice guys look even better.

(DWM, 49, retired rocket surgeon)
...and backward baseball caps!

Lots of people at meetups don't have the greatest social skills, I think that's why a lot of them end up at meetup. I find it easier, when joining a new group, to choose an event where not much talking is required, like trivia, or a movie viewing, or a bike ride/hike. Dinners and happy hours can be tough on us introverts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-30-2015, 10:43 AM

43 posts, read 53,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewUser View Post
My wife was watching a movie the other night. One of those romantic comedies about a woman looking for Mr Right. My wife said "I'm SO glad that I don't have to date anymore!" So, that taught me a valuable lesson. . . . . .I can screw up pretty bad and my wife will stay with me because the alternative is re-entering the dating scene in her 40s
Wow, that's kind of horrible. I hope you never give your wife cause to have to make that kind of decision.

Old 09-30-2015, 10:46 AM

43 posts, read 53,854 times
Oh my goodness, I just noticed how old this thread is!!!

Old 09-30-2015, 11:08 AM

341 posts, read 297,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Emitchell

Shouldn't be too hard to screen out the worst of the creeps and crazies on-line, look for the profiles with muscle cars,, big fish Makes us nice guys look even better.

Actually if you find a guy who's holding a big fish and drives a muscle car I hear they are more fun to be around then guys who don't know how to fish and drive a Prius.

Tony's Oyster bar is full of older singles. There's a reason it's called the local cougar bar.

Old 09-30-2015, 05:55 PM

563 posts, read 956,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eman0514 View Post
I'm in that 30-40 male group, single, decent job, told I'm reasonably good looking, physically fit, and just moved back from Texas...would like to meet ladies in the same category...my rules: 1. have a job 2. no drugs 3. no baggage it would take a forklift to carry 4. be able to create brain fizz with 5. don't mind if you have a kid as long as it's not enough to fill up a wheelbarrow 6. be a good person....7. not be in a relationship you're looking to be rescued from.....haven't had any problem finding those to have "fun" with, and Lord knows I like "fun", but it's got to be more to it than that...Eman
You may want to reconsider how what you classify as "no baggage". I had this conversation a few months ago with a friend and the truth of the matter is, everyone has had life experiences that affect who they are today, even you. I understand what you meant, but as a generalization that might be a bit harsh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary