Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-12-2011, 03:28 PM

133 posts, read 452,402 times

Advertisements

My daughter goes to Little Pros in Morrisville and we've been very happy with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2011, 09:24 AM

19 posts, read 54,250 times
Our two year old attends Bright Horizons in Apex and we are very happy with them if you are still looking for options. I will warn you, we looked at Primrose (West Lake location) and there was a wait list for the 1-2 year age range. They have a second location mentioned above that did have space. We did tour Primrose and were impressed with the facilities.

Old 11-17-2011, 05:24 PM

14 posts, read 51,757 times
Our three kids have gone to Goddard in Cary and it is amazing. Great teachers, great kids, lots of fun.

Old 09-20-2013, 09:38 PM

2 posts, read 10,956 times
I know this is a very old thread, but it came up when I did a google search on Little Pros. In case anyone else reads this and is thinking of sending their child there: beware that the east Cary location was recently in the news because one of the daycare providers dragged a 2-year old across a room and dislocated his arm or shoulder. I also had a bad experience with Little Pros of West Cary where my child was neglected and dreaded going there. Sure, he wasn't physically hurt, but the "teachers" seemed uneducated, lackadaisical, and irresponsible. I took him out after less than 2 weeks at that sorry excuse for an "academy." They are all cheerful and nice when selling the school, but unless your child is old enough to talk and is outgoing, I would not entrust this place with my child's well-being. As I have found out through personal experience, the nice appearance of many of these commercial daycares do not correlate to high quality care or the ethics of the people working there.

I've heard great things about Primrose, off Hwy 55, in West Cary and would probably go with them if they had space available.

Old 09-22-2013, 06:20 AM

1,381 posts, read 2,104,212 times
I have friends at the new Kiddie Academy (Tryon Road/Walnut) and they are really happy there.

Old 09-22-2013, 06:33 AM

600 posts, read 1,221,171 times
It's been 2 years since my review in this thread on Kids r Kids of Morrisville and I am still just as thrilled with them. I have had kids there since 2006.

Old 09-22-2013, 07:27 AM

351 posts, read 693,575 times
We went to Primrose at the Park (Lattner Ct off Davis Drive near Morrisville behind a car repair and an office building currently under construction). It was very nice in there and the teachers were good. Unfortunately, we did have a hard time when the boys were about 2-1/2. The owner was not around as much and the staff was having a hard time dealing with anything. Teachers were leaving angry and my boys hated it there (they used to love it). I have heard they got their act together since and things have greatly improved there. I have also heard the one on Hwy 55 is better overall.

We moved to the Grove School in Cary and they absolutely LOVED LOVED LOVED it there. They loved their teachers. The staff is very involved and always available to talk. They are equipped with smartboards and the lesson plans are very well thought out. There philosophy is a mix of Montessori and Reggio Emilia. It's very academic while allowing the kids to lead and choose the classroom's direction. The kids are always engaged in a lesson in things like Math, English, Spanish, social, science, sensory, music, arts, and health. They also focus a lot on natural stuff about the earth and our effects on it (trees, recycling, etc.). They plant food and eat it, flowers and watch them grow, caterpillars and watch them hatch into butterflies, etc.. They are a "green" school so what they get for snacks is as organic as they are able too. Lunch is not unfortunately since the organic deli they used to use was too far away to deliver and the deli couldn't afford it anymore. But you are encouraged to bring your own lunch. Their schedules are very flexible. They also have a Kindergarten now which is taught by one of the teachers my boys have had. She's a wonderful teacher! I have my boys in public school in Kindy now and they are doing great! I would highly recommend you take a look at The Grove School. The Grove School of Cary | Grove School

Old 09-23-2013, 07:23 AM

4,598 posts, read 10,156,454 times
Man, I'm so glad my child's preschool doesn't close early for teacher workdays. I'd be screwed at work if they did lol.

Old 09-23-2013, 11:55 AM

5,570 posts, read 7,275,144 times
You might want to also consider Chesterbrook Academy near MacGregor Village in Cary. Everyone in my office with children has either sent their children there or currently has their children enrolled, and they've all been very very pleased.

Old 09-23-2013, 02:11 PM

528 posts, read 935,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azile View Post
We went to Primrose at the Park (Lattner Ct off Davis Drive near Morrisville behind a car repair and an office building currently under construction). It was very nice in there and the teachers were good. Unfortunately, we did have a hard time when the boys were about 2-1/2. The owner was not around as much and the staff was having a hard time dealing with anything. Teachers were leaving angry and my boys hated it there (they used to love it). I have heard they got their act together since and things have greatly improved there. I have also heard the one on Hwy 55 is better overall. l

Our son attends the Primrose School at West Lake and it is wonderful. I'm extremely picky and have to say our experience has been great all around. The West Lake and Holly Springs locations are owned/operated by the same family (and not the same as the one who owns the Park location referenced above) and they run a great school with pretty low turnover and a staff who demonstrate a high degree of affection and commitment toward the children. Feel free to DM me if you'd further details. I'm happy to answer specific questions.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary