Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2011, 09:31 PM

13,966 posts, read 24,165,301 times

Advertisements

Apple has a new Christmas commercial with Santa using his iPhone to navigate his way, check weather and reference his naughty/nice list. Raleigh is one of the cities that's mentioned in the weather searching part of the commercial. I am supposing that this means that Santa is planning on hitting the area this year.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2011, 09:45 PM

10,728 posts, read 22,827,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rnc2mbfl View Post
Apple has a new Christmas commercial with Santa using his iPhone to navigate his way, check weather and reference his naughty/nice list. Raleigh is one of the cities that's mentioned in the weather searching part of the commercial. I am supposing that this means that Santa is planning on hitting the area this year.
Also that he needs to pay attention to the weather, 'cause I think a lot of rain showers are forecast

Old 12-20-2011, 05:38 AM

447 posts, read 1,619,949 times
I think Santa likes Raleigh, after all, he went to NC State (red & white colors).

Old 12-20-2011, 06:09 AM

915 posts, read 2,382,750 times
Quote:

In the commercial that Apple first used to introduce Siri, the locksmiths mentioned by the lady on the front porch were Durham-based (and based on the distances given to each shop, she was somewhere near Trinity Park). I'm wondering whether a Triangle agency is working on the Apple ads now...

Old 12-20-2011, 07:20 AM

4,598 posts, read 10,155,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by raleighkc View Post
I think Santa likes Raleigh, after all, he went to NC State (red & white colors).
I remember the rabble last year when some engineer I think it was on the State of Things said that joke during an interview about the science behind Santa's present delivery methods. Some people just don't know how to take a joke.

Old 12-20-2011, 08:06 AM

4,304 posts, read 5,990,141 times
The Apple ads are typically done by TBWA/Chiat/Day in Los Angeles. In fact, the "children" listed on Santa's schedule of upcoming appointments (3.7 billion of them) are TBWA employees.

Not sure about any specific Raleigh/Durham connection on the ad side, although CEO Tim Cook does have an MBA from Duke and spent time at IBM in RTP.

Old 12-20-2011, 08:26 AM

754 posts, read 1,693,496 times
Is it possible that bit of dialog is just tweaked for each region? His voice sounds a bit different when he says Raleigh.

Old 12-20-2011, 08:32 AM

28 posts, read 62,127 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aldamon View Post
Is it possible that bit of dialog is just tweaked for each region? His voice sounds a bit different when he says Raleigh.
Doesn't look like it, the one on the Apple site says raleigh too:

Apple - iPhone - Videos

Old 12-20-2011, 11:14 AM

13,966 posts, read 24,165,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFspiderman View Post
The Apple ads are typically done by TBWA/Chiat/Day in Los Angeles. In fact, the "children" listed on Santa's schedule of upcoming appointments (3.7 billion of them) are TBWA employees.

Not sure about any specific Raleigh/Durham connection on the ad side, although CEO Tim Cook does have an MBA from Duke and spent time at IBM in RTP.
Well....that sure sounds like a specific connection to me from the top.

Old 12-20-2011, 01:44 PM

4,304 posts, read 5,990,141 times
Quote:
Well....that sure sounds like a specific connection to me from the top.
Well yes, but not really on the ad side. I don't think Tim Cook was sitting in on ad meetings and saying, "Yes, let's look up some locksmiths in Durham."

Jobs, maybe. Cook, no.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary