Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-19-2012, 02:37 PM

20 posts, read 94,743 times

Advertisements

Yorktown Club Apartment Homes (link at the end of this post)

From what is available online the management seems to have changed a year or so back. The old reviews are BAD, but the new ones make this place look very nice.

Wondering if anyone of you has anything to say about this community

Yorktown Club Apartment Homes in Durham, NC - Apartments for Rent | Ginkgo Residential

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2013, 01:51 PM

1 posts, read 1,832 times
I lived at Yorktowne Club before and after the so called upgrades. Trust me the upgrades are all cosmetic because I am familiar with all the flaws since I was there before the upgrades. We moved into the so called newly upgraded townhouse for 1 year and did not renew our lease. The floors were splitting, ceiling was leaking, the new windows fell out, cracks in the walls would appear over night and all this happen because the buildings are shifting. Maintenance had the nerve to say give it another year and maybe the buildings will stop. It got to the point where the doors no longer closed because of the shifting so they had to trim the tops of the doors. The new dishwasher would mildew because it would remain moist after the drying cycle so I would have to let the dishwasher door down so it could air dry. Also in order for me to open the drawer next to the dishwasher, I would have to open the dishwasher door first then I was able to open the drawer (Yorktown was aware of this because they instructed me to do it that way). people let their dogs poop anywhere and leave it so you have to be careful where you step. It makes no difference of how many reminder memos they send to the residents and there are stations with poop bags but it makes no difference either. They had the nerve to impliment a so called water bill but how can that be done when they don't know how much water you use a month. So you receive this bill from a third party with all these additional fees and they refuse to take the rent without payment of the water bill eventhough its a separate bill!! I could go on and on. This is my personal experience.

Old 08-13-2014, 10:12 PM

1 posts, read 1,497 times
do not recommend this property at all. I have lived here for a year and a half (cannot break lease) but will be moving out as soon as possible. The first day I moved in there were COUNTLESS bugs in my kitchen. Its not an exaggeration...I literally could not move fast enough to kill them all. I called for pest control and they guaranteed it was simply b/c the unit was vacant and the neighbor's place was being renovated. I gave them the benefit of the doubt. Since then (may of 2013) I have had them come to my unit three times, once where I had to empty my entire kitchen cabinetry so they could treat. To this day, there are bugs in my kitchen, in my refrigerator, pantry, living room floor, bathroom sink, master shower, and now even MY FURNITURE I brought in such as my bed and dresser. They are EVERYWHERE. I dont even believe their pest control men are doing anything. To reference, I am a clean person. Almost obsessive now and afraid to leave anything anywhere out of fear a bug will get on it. It's ridiculous. Dont waste your money. This place fronts well, but it's awful. On top of that, the managing company just switched again for the third time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary