Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-27-2013, 01:48 PM

5 posts, read 7,975 times

Advertisements

Hi All,
We're considering a move to Chapel Hill from California and I wanted to get an idea of how much I can expect to make. I'm an Tn coming with 9 years of step down experience. I hope to be PCCN certified and will have my ACLS. I'd also like to know about benefits, is there a hospital that pays more then others, any recommendations for hospitals in the area, I'm willing to drive to Raleigh too. I'll be looking for 12 hour day shifts.
Thanks so much,
Katie
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2013, 08:10 PM

34,094 posts, read 83,010,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randkwed View Post
We're considering a move to Chapel Hill from California and
I wanted to get an idea of how much I can expect to make.
Here's a start:
Nurse RN Salary in North Carolina | Indeed.com
Name the Hospital and Starting Salary - North Carolina Nursing

Old 08-29-2013, 05:18 AM

286 posts, read 685,618 times
It can be hard to get hired on here as a nurse. Start applying early. Salaries are not great overall. Instead of just looking at pay, look at the total benefits package you'll be offered. The big three are UNC, Duke, and WakeMed.

Good luck.

Old 08-29-2013, 07:54 AM

5 posts, read 7,975 times
Thanks, I'll check out the links.. We'll be visiting in October, I'll check out the area hospitals when I'm there.
Katie

Old 08-29-2013, 08:32 AM

1,277 posts, read 3,549,429 times
Salary will be less than you are used to. and nurses are not unionized here. You will pay for parking if working at UNC and also Duke - if at main facility.

Take a look at NCBON too for nsg licensure requirements so that doesn't hold you up - sometimes it is helpful if you already have a NC state license in hand before moving/applying.

The other smaller hospitals in the area have aligned with one or other system -- so Rex in Raleigh is with UNC system; Raleigh community hospital is now Duke Raleigh. Durham community hospital is now Duke regional hospital. Wakemed has their largest facility on New Bern but there is also a Wakemed Cary and various wakemed standalone Emergencies with some having outpatient facilities attached.

Most offer 12 hr shifts here.

good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary