Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-15-2012, 01:47 PM

83 posts, read 268,322 times

Advertisements

My fiancee and I are getting married in October, and I am trying to find a place where I can rent a fancy sports car for the day or even a few hours. I've had little luck finding anything. Help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2012, 09:37 PM

725 posts, read 1,501,340 times
I've often wondered if it's possible to rent something like a convertible in the area but most of the national chains don't seem to offer them in this area. I would love to know if any locations do.

I found this place on the web, only 1 yelp review (which wasn't positive) but at least they seem real. Florida based but it says they ship cars. I can't imagine the cost to ship and rent a Ferrari for the day... but it would be nice! Exotic Car Rental Miami, Luxury Car Rentals Miami, Rent Exotic Cars & Newest Sports Car Models in Miami, Atlanta & South Florida

Old 08-16-2012, 02:23 AM

569 posts, read 1,978,784 times
Don't know of anything around here. Used to be a place in DC that rented exotic sports cars but believe they shut down.

Not exotic sports cars, but there is a place near Charlottesville,VA that rents classic sports cars.
Charlottesville - Sports Car Rentals & Sales - classic sports cars for touring the Virginia countryside

If you wanted to go with a chauffeur driven car, this place in Morrisville looks like it has some nice cars.
Antique, Classic & Exotic Cars, Wedding, Prom, Birthday

Old 08-16-2012, 04:20 AM

4,280 posts, read 5,940,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boardmember10000 View Post
I've often wondered if it's possible to rent something like a convertible in the area but most of the national chains don't seem to offer them in this area. I would love to know if any locations do.

I found this place on the web, only 1 yelp review (which wasn't positive) but at least they seem real. Florida based but it says they ship cars. I can't imagine the cost to ship and rent a Ferrari for the day... but it would be nice! Exotic Car Rental Miami, Luxury Car Rentals Miami, Rent Exotic Cars & Newest Sports Car Models in Miami, Atlanta & South Florida
I drove past this business close to the Miami Airport many times when visiting our son at the University of Miami. I never stopped to check on prices but they had a small lot full of expensive exotic cars. My suspicion is they obtained the cars from police auctions after they were confiscated in drug raids. Or very wealthy individuals who own these cars for use at their South Florida vacation homes allow access to their cars by specialized rental car firms for the time periods they will not be in Miami. Sort of like Yacht Brokerage or Vacation Villas.

This same son decided he needed a convertible sports car for his wedding which was held in Miami. He rented a Mitsubishi Eclipse Spyder and discovered there was no space for their luggage. LOL The idea sounds great but there are some space limitations in these vehicles which may make it a very bad idea.

Last edited by MI-Roger; 08-16-2012 at 04:29 AM..

Old 08-16-2012, 05:37 AM

5,743 posts, read 17,607,545 times
I few years ago, I was stopped at a gas station on Tryon Rd when a Lambo pulled in. The guy that climbed out was in his 20s. He commented that he liked my car and was considering one for a daily driver. We got to talking about cars and it seems that he and some friends had an exotic car rental company in Miami and they were thinking of opening one in Raleigh (I know. . . not the best market for that, right?). I don't know what ever came of that idea, but I doubt it ever happened. He claimed that they took over the payments on cars where owners got in over their heads. They rented these cars for hundreds per day.

Old 08-16-2012, 08:12 AM

374 posts, read 1,182,210 times
Try looks at HERTZ I think they rent corvettes

Old 08-16-2012, 09:16 AM

5,894 posts, read 6,961,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammester View Post
If the OP is under 25, most major car companies will not rent to them.

Old 08-16-2012, 09:29 AM

1,733 posts, read 2,423,681 times
I think the OP needs to define what he means by fancy sports car. When I hear that i'm thinking something exotic like a Lamborghini or a Ferrari. Some might think of a corvette or a mustang.

Old 08-16-2012, 10:37 AM

569 posts, read 1,978,784 times
Yes, definately need some more info. Triangle Rent a Car says on their web site they have Mustang convertibles and probably some of the national rental companies have similar. Even if you could find an exotic like Lamborghini etc, it would be much more than a thousand per day. You can get that chauffeur driven Excaliber for a lot less than that.

Did find this site in Charlotte that shows exotic rentals, but doesn't have much info and all pages show under construction. Don't know if it is real or not, but it does have a phone number. Welcome to Charlotte Car Rental: Rent Luxury and Exotic sports car rental in Charlotte, North Carolina(NC)

Old 08-16-2012, 11:02 AM

5,743 posts, read 17,607,545 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hammester View Post
Too bad they still don't rent the Shelby GT350H
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary