Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 06:16 AM

2,586 posts, read 9,104,547 times

Advertisements

Northern Durham is seriously lacking good and affordable full-time preschool options. Something just north of Duke would do very well I think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2012, 06:36 AM

1,540 posts, read 5,564,137 times
I would think anything around the Research Triangle Park area would be a big hit. Some are not so great. Parents want their chilren to have lots of activities. Some days cares that I have seen children are just playing with each other while teachers or caregivers just sit around and talking to each other. Languages are also great. My grandson goes to Spanish For Fun and at 4 years old unerstands and speaks both languages.

Old 10-03-2012, 11:16 AM

447 posts, read 1,620,072 times
I don't have kids, but my Chapel Hill coworkers are also talking about the lack of daycares in the area.

Old 10-03-2012, 01:30 PM

2,267 posts, read 1,945,916 times
I live in Durham (27703) and work in RTP. In the 27703 area there are no good daycare facilities at all. The only one on in that area of Durham that is more than 4 stars is Bright Horizons and its the most expensive daycare in the triangle. There are lots of housing developments being built over there (as well as a brand new elementary school)....seems like a great place to look. I'd gladly place my daughter and child of sex yet to be determined (another on the way) with an affordable and decent daycare in this area.

Old 10-16-2012, 11:46 AM

30 posts, read 78,143 times
cchampagne232000,

Can you please tell me where exactly the housing developments that are being built are? I am not too familiar with Durham. Also, is the Bright Horizons near there that you mentioned located on Slater Road or So-Hi Drive? I would like to go visit the area but I want to make sure I'm going to the right place.

Thanks!

Old 10-16-2012, 01:31 PM

2,267 posts, read 1,945,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinediddy View Post
cchampagne232000,

Can you please tell me where exactly the housing developments that are being built are? I am not too familiar with Durham. Also, is the Bright Horizons near there that you mentioned located on Slater Road or So-Hi Drive? I would like to go visit the area but I want to make sure I'm going to the right place.

Thanks!

Yeah- the Bright Horizons is located on So-Hi. Its really off of Ellis road but switches to So-Hi without making any turn (confusing the first time you go). Its really close to the Ellis road instersection with 147.

The housing developments I'm talking about are off of Mineral Springs and Sheron Road right over highway 70.

The three options you have in that area:

Bethesda (religous affiliation)

Montessori- 3 star and not very nice once you get in

Bright Horizons- very nice but literally the most expensive daycare in the RTP area. I think the only reason they can exist is they are on/next to IBM's campus and they must be subisdized for their employees.

The houses being built in this area are in the 170-300 range. I can see a lot of kids from those homes wanting to go to a daycare that is nice, isn't religiously affiliated, but doesn't cost 1,600 a month. Definite opportunity there.

Old 10-17-2012, 05:59 AM

30 posts, read 78,143 times
Cchampagne232000 - Thank you so much:-) Will definitely check it out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary