Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-27-2006, 12:11 PM

39 posts, read 85,613 times

Advertisements

just wondering is there a big difference in Apex/ Cary/ Hollysprings area compare to Clayton.. just researching !!!!!!
I know the houses seem more reasonable.. how is that town and so fort..
thak you in advance for your advise

PS.. MA transplant now you have me researching here too. thanks...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-28-2006, 07:50 PM

505 posts, read 2,543,858 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Debdoyle View Post
just wondering is there a big difference in Apex/ Cary/ Hollysprings area compare to Clayton.. just researching !!!!!!
I know the houses seem more reasonable.. how is that town and so fort..
thak you in advance for your advise

PS.. MA transplant now you have me researching here too. thanks...

Clayton is not a bad town at all. The best neighborhoods are up 42 towards Wilson. Which makes the drive to Raleigh even further (35 minutes).However, you do not have nearly as many places to go shopping, No mall, or anything. However, you can always just take the 25 minute drive to Raleigh. Cary and Apex have there own mall though. (Cary town center) there is also Crossroads. Clayton has nothing like this.......yet.

The cost of living is much cheaper in Clayton. Clayton's downtown is small yet very appealing.

Old 09-29-2006, 02:21 PM

thank you.. for some reason i thought it was much further out..so it would take you 35 mins to get to cary area with out traffic

Old 09-29-2006, 02:23 PM

one more question for you,, do you know if the schools are as good as they are in Cary/apex.. what system r they on..is it traditional or track... thank you

Old 09-29-2006, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Debdoyle View Post
one more question for you,, do you know if the schools are as good as they are in Cary/apex.. what system r they on..is it traditional or track... thank you
I am pretty sure the schools in Clayton are not as good as Cary or Apex. They have some of the best in the state.

It would take longer to get to Apex from Clayton. It's like I said, if you live in the really nice neighborhoods in Clayton towards Percey flowers up 42 East, then it will take you longer to get places. But there is also the west side of Clayton which is located very close to I-40. (Cleveland, and areas close to Garner) From those parts of Clayton you would be in Raleigh in under 20 minutes. Cary and Apex about 10 or so minutes further. There are some pretty nice neighborhoods in west Clayton as well. So it depends on where in Clayton you live.

I don't really know all that much about the schools. My guess would be they are not that bad though. I'm sure someone else here knows more about the schools.

Old 09-29-2006, 03:21 PM

In the garner thread

aurabella wrote....

"If you are looking to move to Garner, i would stay away from the Johnston County side. The school system there is extremely overcrowded and they are constantly shuffling kids and have strict rules on it, no exceptions. There are families who have 2 kids in high schools going to different schools. Also, the area you are looking at is HORRIBLE for traffic. Cleveland rd area gets super backed up in the mornings and evenings are worse. Stick with Wake County, better schools and less traffic"""

Hope that helps a little bit. But I would wait to hear more than one opinion first.

I know someone who attends west Johnston High school. If you would like I could ask him about the schools...

Kids who live in west and south of Clayton go there, for the most part

Old 09-29-2006, 03:39 PM

thank you so much for your opinion.. thats exactly why i posted it...i think the Cary area might be better just from comments with everyone.. all the best...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary