Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 08:55 AM

4 posts, read 7,394 times

Advertisements

Hello,

We are trying to buy a house ( new if possible as this is our first time), and we don't find much of basement options in cary/morrisville NC. We almost finalized on Greystone at gabels (MI Builders) but there are no basement lots available. The floor plan and the quality of construction has impressed us a lot. There are tons of amenities in this community.

Phillips place built by KB has basement inventory home but with less than 5 feet backyard. No amenities, Master bath is not really a master bath. The only factor that I think is a positive here is finished basement.

It is not really apples to apples but I would like to get some suggestions based on your experience for buying a new house.

Phillips place by KB vs Greystone by MI

Appreciate your time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2012, 09:18 AM

4,598 posts, read 10,156,454 times
Basements aren't very common here which is why you won't find many on the market. If the basement isn't a deal breaker for you I'd go with the homes that impressed you rather than a home of lesser quality that happens to have a basement.

Old 10-10-2012, 09:27 AM

2,459 posts, read 8,079,589 times
You're more likely in this area to find a "daylight" or "walkout" basement on a lot with significant front to back slope. True basements are pretty rare.

Frank

Old 10-10-2012, 11:28 AM

We moved from WI recently where basements are must, so its hard for us to imagine a house without basement. But I am sure we can survive. Thank you all for your inputs.

Old 10-10-2012, 11:38 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gchinni View Post
We moved from WI recently where basements are must, so its hard for us to imagine a house without basement. But I am sure we can survive. Thank you all for your inputs.
You don't need a basement here.

We have walk-up attics more commonly. Those are nice for storage.

Old 10-10-2012, 01:26 PM

241 posts, read 935,078 times
Funny, We're selling a resale walkout basement townhome in Greystone at the moment. We built ours in 2009 and are very happy with the whole process.

I LOVE M/I and have had very good luck with them. I would definitely recommend them I haven't read the best reviews on KB and IMHO, I didn't like their construction when we took a look a few years back.

I know you want "new", but I think there are some resale basement SF homes in Greystone? Maybe you could take a look?

Keep looking... I'm sure you'll find something you like with a basement!

Old 10-10-2012, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petunia16 View Post
Funny, We're selling a resale walkout basement townhome in Greystone at the moment. We built ours in 2009 and are very happy with the whole process.

I LOVE M/I and have had very good luck with them. I would definitely recommend them I haven't read the best reviews on KB and IMHO, I didn't like their construction when we took a look a few years back.

I know you want "new", but I think there are some resale basement SF homes in Greystone? Maybe you could take a look?

Keep looking... I'm sure you'll find something you like with a basement!

That's nice to know that there are some existing homes in the same community up for sale, can you please direct me to the site where I can find these?

Thanks again

Old 10-10-2012, 03:48 PM

147 posts, read 370,404 times
I saw a beautiful model home *with a basement* at Amberly village Square in Cary. it was, obviously, one of the single family homes, not one of the town homes. If we had an extra $150k in our budget I would have loved it.

Old 10-10-2012, 03:50 PM

241 posts, read 935,078 times
Quote:
That's nice to know that there are some existing homes in the same community up for sale, can you please direct me to the site where I can find these?

Thanks again
I would check realtor.com or zillow.com. We don't have a website for just the community But, if you have any specific Greystone questions, I'd be happy to answer them! Just Direct Message me

Good luck on your search!

Old 10-10-2012, 04:23 PM

1,337 posts, read 2,209,211 times
Quote:
We moved from Wi a few months ago-MISS the storage we had in the basement-and are afraid there will be nowhere to hide in a tornado!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary