Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-10-2012, 12:36 PM

22,669 posts, read 36,804,509 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barli View Post

This is great, thanks! Am I right in understanding that you can join these leagues regardless of what community you live?
Usually if it's a community swim team you have to live there, in that community to join. Not all those teams listed are community/subdivision teams. Like Scottish Hills is a rec club you can join and be on their swim team. However, I know that my neighborhood is considering opening up membership to a neighboring community because the number of kids on our team is dwindling.

If you are in a rent-while-we-see-what-we-like-before-we-buy scenario then I would take your requirement down to a 3BR plus a bonus room option, because you can use the bonus as a BR and then you can take your time looking for your forever home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-10-2012, 12:48 PM

2,541 posts, read 5,477,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by StAndroid View Post
No problem, just wanted to check. As a Fuquay native and someone who still spends quite a bit of time in both FV and Holly Springs, I think you might want to give Fuquay another shot. It's only 5mi from Holly Springs and while the population is a little smaller (~6k less, IIRC), the density is around the same as Holly Springs and many of the same community ammenities you find in Holly Springs are also available in Fuquay.
We moved to Fuquay in 2000 and lived there until 2006. The population was 6k when we moved there and was 12k+ when we left...and that was before the building boom! I just checked and the 2010 number was 17k+! http://www.city-data.com/city/Fuquay...-Carolina.html

It's tripled in size in 10 years. Wow.

Old 12-10-2012, 02:51 PM

1,037 posts, read 1,380,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pegotty View Post
We moved to Fuquay in 2000 and lived there until 2006. The population was 6k when we moved there and was 12k+ when we left...and that was before the building boom! I just checked and the 2010 number was 17k+! http://www.city-data.com/city/Fuquay...-Carolina.html

It's tripled in size in 10 years. Wow.
Yep, it's crazy. Like I said, I'm a native and "back when I was a kid" the population was ~3,000 - and I'm only 30!

Old 12-10-2012, 06:43 PM

315 posts, read 767,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by twingles View Post
If you are in a rent-while-we-see-what-we-like-before-we-buy scenario then I would take your requirement down to a 3BR plus a bonus room option, because you can use the bonus as a BR and then you can take your time looking for your forever home.

We looked at one 3+ bonus while we were there, but it was just too small. We would look at every one available, but unless it's listed that way, we have no way of knowing that it's anything more then a 3 bedroom house.

Old 12-10-2012, 08:15 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barli View Post
We looked at one 3+ bonus while we were there, but it was just too small. We would look at every one available, but unless it's listed that way, we have no way of knowing that it's anything more then a 3 bedroom house.
Go on square footage.

Old 12-11-2012, 11:56 AM

101 posts, read 189,005 times
Try Arbor Creek in Holly Springs. Large community with a pool and then always seem to have rentals. Holly Glen or Braxton Village in Holly Springs may work too. I think in your price range a home in Arbor Creek is more likely.

Old 12-11-2012, 12:49 PM

315 posts, read 767,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmamama View Post
Try Arbor Creek in Holly Springs. Large community with a pool and then always seem to have rentals. Holly Glen or Braxton Village in Holly Springs may work too. I think in your price range a home in Arbor Creek is more likely.
We looked at a house in Bridgewater, which I believe is connected to Arbor Creek. The house couldn't have been more then 1700 sq ft yet they have it listed as 2200! One of the bedrooms was so small you could MAYBE fit a crib in it and nothing else. The house was a joke, but the n'hood wasn't bad. We've also looked in Braxton Village.

I appreciate the suggestions. Keep em coming!

Old 12-11-2012, 01:29 PM

71 posts, read 180,655 times
How about a townhome in Haddon Hall-might be something there. Or check Holly Glen. I think going up to 1500 a month may open more doors.

Old 12-11-2012, 03:47 PM

101 posts, read 189,005 times
Are you open to an older home? There is Hallmark right of Kildaire Farm and Ten Ten Road. Not sure if there are any rentals but it may fit the bill? Or Scotts Laurel in that area too. They have larger townhomes but I don't think they have a pool at least that I can see. One final suggestion would be Sunset Oaks but you either have to go up on price, down on square footage or both.

Old 12-11-2012, 05:25 PM

53 posts, read 128,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pharmamama View Post
Are you open to an older home? There is Hallmark right of Kildaire Farm and Ten Ten Road. Not sure if there are any rentals but it may fit the bill? Or Scotts Laurel in that area too. They have larger townhomes but I don't think they have a pool at least that I can see. One final suggestion would be Sunset Oaks but you either have to go up on price, down on square footage or both.
I live in Hallmark and it's great, but not close to that price range. One of the smallest houses in the neighborhood (around 2000 sq ft) was for rent recently, and it was $2200 a month. I thought it seemed like a bit much for the house, but it was rented in less than a week.

Someone else mentioned Haddon Hall...I believe there are some 4 bedroom townhouses for rent around that price range in HH (Hayward's Heath Lane, I think). And there is a pool.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary