Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 06:23 PM

426 posts, read 1,490,419 times

Advertisements

Any opinions on this area?

Drove through the area today and we really liked it. Going to look at a couple of houses there tomorrow. Unlike Cary it seems you can still get a decent sized yard/house without breaking the bank. We prefer more established neighborhoods with mature landscaping/woods.

We are aware of the aircraft noise, sat out there saw/heard about 10 planes land and take off, we think its something we can live with.

LOVED a shopping area just off the 540, Brier Creek (or something like that?!)

Are the schools are good as the rest of Wake County?

TIA
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-01-2007, 07:02 PM

820 posts, read 2,788,550 times
Leesville schools are good. If you can live with the aircraft noise listening from outside, you should be fine from within the houses there. It's a good area of Raleigh.

Old 12-01-2007, 09:14 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,252,227 times
This section of North Raleigh has always been VERY desireable.

Vicki

Old 12-01-2007, 09:26 PM

3,307 posts, read 8,563,286 times
My wife and I looked in Harrington Grove and liked the area...couldn't find a house we really liked though. So we drove across 540 on Leesville rd. and looked at another house just south of 540 off of Leesville and Westgate rds. We loved the house, location, neighboorhood, and we have a nice private 1/4 acre lot with lots of mature trees (big sweet gum, oaks, pines, etc) You should look into some of the houses on the southside of 540 (there are about 5-6 for sale in our neighborhood right now. Our neighborhood is 12 years old with NO HOA, which is a great plus.

Old 12-02-2007, 01:10 PM

445 posts, read 1,859,714 times
Traffic on that section of Leesville can back up in the mornings towards 540. You've go a 2 lane road, the school at St. Francis, and a new elementary school that is being built. Be careful of the siding on the houses as well. That neighborhood is at least 15 years old and many of the homes have masonite siding.

Old 12-02-2007, 04:43 PM

426 posts, read 1,490,419 times
Thanks.

Decided the area isnt for us afterall. We were there this afternoon and traffic was backed up on Leesville, I dont want to know what its looks like in the mornings!

Old 12-02-2007, 08:09 PM

820 posts, read 2,788,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MammaLakn View Post
Thanks.

Decided the area isnt for us afterall. We were there this afternoon and traffic was backed up on Leesville, I dont want to know what its looks like in the mornings!

Yeah, there are some lovely neighborhoods between Six Forks and Leesville but I've been spoiled with proximity and don't think I will ever live east of Hwy 70 again. 540 bottlenecks near the 70 exits and the backroad/alternate route backs up from the 4 way stop to ACC BLVD. I think heading that way in the evening is the bigger headache for me. I'd trade Wal-Mart and Lowes Food to have a Harris Teeter in Brier Creek.

Some other neighborhoods you might check out in N. Raleigh are Umstead Ridge and Bridgeton; both are off Ebenezer Church Rd west of 70. You can find decent sized lots, and at times you can find some resells in the 300's, although Bridgeton is a tad more expensive than Umstead.

Old 12-02-2007, 08:22 PM

3,307 posts, read 8,563,286 times
Traffic does not bother me or my wife at all because she leaves for work at 5:45 and I leave at 6:30 am. There is no traffic what so ever at those times, so it's weird that everyone talks about the traffic, but I'm never there at that time to see it...lol

Old 12-03-2007, 09:07 AM
rfb

2,594 posts, read 6,358,501 times
Of the two, I prefer Harrington Grove. The homes of seem to be better build quality based on friends I've visited in both neighborhoods (very subjective, and probably very variable between different homes). Some homes in Dominion Park also suffer not only from airplane noise, but noise from I-540. Harrington Grove is also one of those nice "family" neighborhoods - lots of families with children, pool, etc.

For those driving to RTP from this area, consider heading down Leesville until it dead-ends into US-70. You can also take Carpenters Pond to Leesville to avoid traffic at the Franciscan school. Turn left on US-70, and then take the first right on the Page Road extension. This avoids the traffic nightmares around Brier Creek and I-540.

Old 12-03-2007, 10:57 AM

2,135 posts, read 7,658,326 times
I felt the same way. I find the traffic much more manageable in Cary -- many multi lane roads. I hope it will be not too bad in Apex as well. Because of the traffic in that area of North Raleigh we crossed it off our list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary