Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-25-2007, 03:16 PM

709 posts, read 935,781 times

Advertisements

No mass transit and wait until late fall and early winter if we get a cold snap. That price equates with 4+ dollar a gallon gasoline. My suggestion is every triangle resident SELL YOUR SUV NOW!!! Buy a civic which in my eyes would show CIVIC RESPONSIBILITY and suport for our troops to get OUT of Iraq safe sooner than later while getting 40MPG !

I think I touched all bases here NO?

Old 10-25-2007, 03:22 PM

76 posts, read 393,897 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbywan View Post
No mass transit and wait until late fall and early winter if we get a cold snap. That price equates with 4+ dollar a gallon gasoline. My suggestion is every triangle resident SELL YOUR SUV NOW!!! Buy a civic which in my eyes would show CIVIC RESPONSIBILITY and suport for our troops to get OUT of Iraq safe sooner than later while getting 40MPG !

I think I touched all bases here NO? You yankees!
There now I think you have it.

Old 10-25-2007, 03:26 PM

709 posts, read 935,781 times
Nice touch !! Except I am half southern the wife is from Raleigh along with her entire family!

Old 10-25-2007, 03:29 PM

579 posts, read 2,864,187 times
I hate to feed into the doom and gloom and all but... I can speak from personal experience that this gas issue is no joke. I just closed my business because of the high cost of gas (delivery oriented service) and because it was hard at $3 a gallon let alone if it does go to $4-$5. At $90 a barrel for crude, that's really gonna hurt in what? 6 months? when it's refined? I just opened another business. Have an opportunity to have retail in Apex or FV (I live in FV). Apex would probably be a better bet for the time being BUT I'd rather be so much closer to home because of gas. Another chance I'm gonna have to take because I'd rather commute 2 miles than 12 in case of a gas crisis.

I'd also like to move but with a 30 year fixed 6% affordable mortgage, I'm staying put and riding it out as long as possible. If you don't have real estate to sell, buying now is probably a smart investment (kind of like buying stock when it's lower) if you plan to sit on it for a while until the market stabilizes. I don't think I'm losing money on my home, just not making as much as I'd probably like and it would take longer to sell. So, if you own a home and aren't planning on moving, I think it's safe to say you could easily ride out this "slump" (if you can call it that in this area) and be fine in the long run with your home investment.

And yeah.. the civic is GREAT on gas. Sadly, I totalled mine recently and bought a used Camry and I can totally tell the difference. The camry is a gas guzzler compared that civic, lol. An SUV? out of the question! I wanted an Element for my biz but now that it's gone, I don't need it. Thank goodness Hubby's job reimburses him for mileage!

Old 10-25-2007, 03:39 PM

842 posts, read 3,230,396 times
We REALLY need to invade Iran to get to their oil reserves....um....I mean 'liberate' their oppressed people and bring them democracy.

Old 10-25-2007, 03:39 PM

Quote:
I hate to feed into the doom and gloom and all but... I can speak from personal experience that this gas issue is no joke. I just closed my business because of the high cost of gas (delivery oriented service) and because it was hard at $3 a gallon let alone if it does go to $4-$5. At $90 a barrel for crude, that's really gonna hurt in what? 6 months? when it's refined? I just opened another business. Have an opportunity to have retail in Apex or FV (I live in FV). Apex would probably be a better bet for the time being BUT I'd rather be so much closer to home because of gas. Another chance I'm gonna have to take because I'd rather commute 2 miles than 12 in case of a gas crisis.
My father owned a gas station and forsaw this and retired early. It really isn't doom and gloom it is just progress. I am sure the eight track companies were really upset when cassette tapes came out and when cds came out and when mp3s come out. It is just progress. I hope we lose this dependence on oil we need to progress.

Old 10-25-2007, 03:41 PM

Quote:
Nice touch !! Except I am half southern the wife is from Raleigh along with her entire family!
I am a northerner myself but I just had to add it.

Old 10-25-2007, 03:41 PM

58 posts, read 64,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbognar View Post
We REALLY need to invade Iran to get to their oil reserves....um....I mean 'liberate' their oppressed people and bring them democracy.

No you must be smokin that real good stuff!

Old 10-25-2007, 03:43 PM

579 posts, read 2,864,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbognar View Post
that is so funny and so sad all at the same time!

Old 10-25-2007, 03:51 PM

3,353 posts, read 4,968,193 times
Quote:

I think I touched all bases here NO?
Nice! You truly did, haha
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary