Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2013, 06:23 AM

33 posts, read 124,064 times

Advertisements

All,

First let me begin by saying I have spent a ton of time onthe boards, in two separate occasions (recent and last year), looking for infoto help plan our potential relocation. I must say, there is a TON on info onhere, and to me, it all becomes very confusing and hard to really pinpointwhere to look.

The reason for this, is, as many of you have pointed out, ispeoples opinion. Some say this place is great, others say it is not. Some saylook here, others say stay away. etc..... Not being from Raleigh area, it isoverwhelming. I can see, how people who live there don’t think so, but it is. Iguess it would be like people asking about the Jersey Shore. I would think itmakes complete sense what I am saying, but really I am one of many saying differentthings.

With that, I want to set some criteria that I would beinterested in peoples feedback on, so that I can take that and do furtherresearch on to begin to target my areas for my 2nd visit to the area.

Here is the criteria that I think I can use to begin mysearch:

• Good to great school system. We have 2 young kids (K and Pre K now)[
  • Small town feel (one to walk through would be a plus) [
  • We are not religious nor political. Laid back, easy going, interested in everything
  • Single family home (2500+ sq ft, 4 bed, nice yard) $300K range[
  • I will be moving there with a work from home job (I travel somewhat, so within 1hr from airport would be good). Wife does not work, but if needed would be in retail management.[
I am very interested to hear what fits this criteria or anyfeedback people have. I also appreciate the time talked to read this and thehelp you all provide. Your time and info is very much appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2013, 06:29 AM

9,196 posts, read 24,948,444 times
Hillsborough.

Old 10-17-2013, 07:09 AM

33 posts, read 124,064 times
THank for the responce. Any other's with areas to look in?

Old 10-17-2013, 07:24 AM

554 posts, read 1,155,311 times
Downtown Cary or Apex perhaps..... for small town feel and walkable. Both are closer to the airport than Hillsborough.

Chapel Hill or Carrboro, but you will have to readjust your size of desired home, or the money you are willing to spend.

Do some reading here about Durham- could be a good fit for you, might have to sacrifice a bit on the house size/cost to get into the better schools there.

Old 10-19-2013, 08:59 PM

30 posts, read 46,908 times
Apex has everything you are describing. The downtown is wonderful. We didn't like Chapel Hill/ Carrboro because it is overrun with students. Nice to visit but....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary