Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2013, 09:58 PM

68 posts, read 100,478 times

Advertisements

Are there any master planned, self contained "neighborhoods" in Cary, Apex, or other nicer Raleigh subs?? Master planned model containing homes, condos, amenities, schools and a town center with shopping??

Anything close to this concept??

I am a single mom of 3 so I am looking for a family friendly development with good schools.

Thank you for your help!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2013, 11:19 PM

34,941 posts, read 36,365,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trinity7499 View Post
Are there any master planned, self contained "neighborhoods" in Cary, Apex, or other nicer Raleigh subs?? Master planned model containing homes, condos, amenities, schools and a town center with shopping??

Anything close to this concept??

I am a single mom of 3 so I am looking for a family friendly development with good schools.

Thank you for your help!!
Nope.

I mean, no neighborhoods that are manufactured to be a self-contained town. Some try to mimic that feel. Highcroft has schools within the neighborhood. Carpenter Village has some shops inside it and schools within walking distance. Falls River/Bedford might be the closest to what you are asking for, but there are no schools in the neighborhood and shopping is on the outskirts of the neighborhood, not in the center.

Old 11-18-2013, 05:31 AM

12,799 posts, read 16,400,721 times
Meadowmont and Southern Village in Chapel Hill meet this criteria.

Old 11-18-2013, 02:08 PM

68 posts, read 100,478 times
Thank you!!! I will check those out!!

MUCH LOVE AND MANY BLESSINGS!!

Old 11-18-2013, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppydog View Post
Meadowmont and Southern Village in Chapel Hill meet this criteria.
I'm glad you came along! I always forget about those two.... it was late for me last night when I typed that and I knew there was something I was forgetting!

Old 11-18-2013, 03:08 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,990,678 times
Cary Park is also pretty close to that description.

Old 11-18-2013, 03:11 PM

12,799 posts, read 16,400,721 times
Southern Village has an elementary school, church, doctor's office, grocery (health food) store, restaurants, etc.

Meadowmont has an elementary school, restaurants and shops. Can't remember about the grocery store, but I'm pretty sure there's a doctor's office or two out there. I rarely go out there, though. There is a nice pool now run by the Y there.

What about Brier Creek?

Old 11-18-2013, 03:12 PM

9,782 posts, read 15,837,252 times
Quote:
Southern Village has an elementary school, church, doctor's office, grocery (health food) store, restaurants, etc.

Meadowmont has an elementary school, restaurants and shops. Can't remember about the grocery store, but I'm pretty sure there's a doctor's office or two out there. I rarely go out there, though. There is a nice pool now run by the Y there.

What about Brier Creek?
Yes, Meadowmont has Harris Teeter.

Old 11-18-2013, 03:18 PM

Quote:

What about Brier Creek?

Brier Creek has all of the things the OP mentioned, but it really doesn't feel as contained as Meadowmont, in my opinion.

There's this separation between all of the elements of that area, with heavily-trafficked roads running through there. I think that's what makes it not feel self-contained to me.

Old 11-18-2013, 03:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WorkingMomof2 View Post
Cary Park is also pretty close to that description.

Cary Park is rather close to that description, even though it wasn't planned that way. Less shopping options than the others mentioned here, but the shopping will be increasing in the near future, I suppose.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary