Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 04:30 PM

158 posts, read 273,680 times

Advertisements

I have to agree with tbill. Take 751 down toward Apex, that's where I would be looking. Or if you go one road down, paralell to 751, I forgot the road name, but closer to Lake Jordan - nice beautiful country out there. And the best part is, the traffic to commute to chapel hill or durham is very little. Once you get to chapel hill, though, to traffic within the Durham/CH area is bad, so it depends where in durham you are working.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2014, 05:51 PM

1,737 posts, read 2,574,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbill View Post
new2rtp:
You might checkout Colvard Farms if you care to look at stand alone homes. One street has several resales on 1/4 acre lots beginning at $525,000. Homes on 1/2 acre lots are $600,000-$1,350,000. Located on NC-751 South of Southpoint mall (2 miles), most homes are in Chatham County, but a few are in Durham County. Close to eateries, shopping, the interstate and maybe 15-20 minutes from RTP and airport. No townhomes, but lots of families with children as well as retired folks. Has tennis courts, large pool, rec center with small gym.
Those huge power lines right down the middle would be a Big negative for me, especially for that kind of money.

Old 07-28-2014, 08:10 PM

24 posts, read 34,546 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW2RTP2014 View Post
My husband and I are working professionals in our 30s, recently relocated from the midwest. We are looking to buy a newly-constructed SFH or townhouse (~3000 sft) that is well built and with modern flair, and we are willing to spend up to 700k. The key for the location is that we would like to be within close driving distance to RTP (15-30 min).
We are hoping to gather some suggestions from this board: 1) which of the two options is better in terms of resale value: Meadowmont townhouse vs. SFH in Governor's Club (buying at the peak of the market makes us worry about the resale value should we have to move in the next few years). 2) did we miss out on some other neighborhoods that we should also check out? Thank you in advance for your suggestions!
Another option is South Point Manor (just down the road from Meadowmont, off Farrington Road). The school district is Durham. We have lived here for 2.5 years and really like it. Search for Oxfordshire Lane, Chapel Hill. There is a clubhouse and a pool.

Old 07-29-2014, 07:02 AM

12,799 posts, read 16,338,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW2RTP2014 View Post
We are looking to buy a newly-constructed SFH or townhouse (~3000 sft) that is well built and with modern flair, and we are willing to spend up to 700k. The key for the location is that we would like to be within close driving distance to RTP (15-30 min). ... Proximity to good restaurants, coffee shops, grocery stores, indie movie theater is a big plus.
If you like Chapel Hill you can find new construction in town for $700k or less. You might check out Winmore in northern Chapel Hill. It's close to I-40 and should typically be under 30 min to Davis Drive in RTP. Very close to good restaurants, groceries, coffee shops, and an indie movie theater — about 3.5 miles.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary