Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2014, 09:02 AM

1,020 posts, read 1,615,471 times

Advertisements

Hi there. We are fairly new to the area. We moved here from FL and bday parties have always been at the house (pool party style). This year obviously different and my son doesnt have family or friends here yet apart from the new friends he is making at pre k. I am not up for having a party at the house this year. We have family from UK that just arrived to stay for three weeks. I am not going to have a lot of time to do much in the way of planning. My son has already been invited to parties for kids in his class and has been asking about his party.
I have no idea of where to have a party for him this year. I know he wants to invite the kids from school.
Help!
Any suggestions?
Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2014, 09:08 AM

9,779 posts, read 15,793,171 times
Easiest is Chuck E Cheese. Don't have to do a thing - they provide the entertainment, pizza, and cake. Just arrive and done! The ones in Raleigh and Durham never seem to be very crowded, and my kids always have a good time there. It's not too expensive either - about $12 per person which includes everything except the cake.

Old 09-17-2014, 09:34 AM
rfb

2,594 posts, read 6,357,618 times
Monkey Joe's or Pump it Up (both are bounce houses) are always a good time for kids this age.

Old 09-17-2014, 09:57 AM

1 posts, read 1,323 times
Hi - you could plan a party in

Funplex in East Hanover
Kids Village - Kenilworth / Woodbridge
Montclair Art Museam - Montclair
Cookie Party - East Hanover
Liberty Science Center - Jersey City
Time 2 Party - Montclair
The Little Gym of Montclair
Fun Time Junction - Fairfield
Kids Rule Parties - Hackensack

You could also check out my website for more ideas!!

Old 09-17-2014, 10:00 AM

9,779 posts, read 15,793,171 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PartyGuideNJ View Post
Hi - you could plan a party in

Funplex in East Hanover
Kids Village - Kenilworth / Woodbridge
Montclair Art Museam - Montclair
Cookie Party - East Hanover
Liberty Science Center - Jersey City
Time 2 Party - Montclair
The Little Gym of Montclair
Fun Time Junction - Fairfield
Kids Rule Parties - Hackensack

You could also check out my website for more ideas!!
Ummm, this is the Raleigh, NC board. I don't think she'd want to have her kid's birthday party in New Jersey!

Old 09-17-2014, 10:59 AM

8,269 posts, read 25,110,414 times
the science museums in both Raleigh and Durham do cool parties.

Old 09-17-2014, 11:01 AM

13,966 posts, read 24,170,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michgc View Post
Ummm, this is the Raleigh, NC board. I don't think she'd want to have her kid's birthday party in New Jersey!
Hey...that's what every 5 year old wants: a trip to New Jersey!!!!

Old 09-17-2014, 11:08 AM

2,925 posts, read 3,341,738 times
Playnation in Morrisville is another place where we have been to parties. A different option Team Attraction Gymnastics, this was a favorite in our house.

Old 09-17-2014, 11:17 AM

171 posts, read 319,052 times
Bounce U in Apex was great for my son's 5th birthday three years ago. We've also done the Marbles Museum in downtown Raleigh and bowling at Buffaloe Lanes in Cary. All provide birthday "packages" which include an attendant for the event, cake/pizza, etc. All you have to do is show up .

Party Packages at BounceU in Apex

https://www.marbleskidsmuseum.org/birthdays

Bowling Birthday Party in Cary

Old 09-17-2014, 11:19 AM

171 posts, read 319,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sal_M View Post
Playnation in Morrisville is another place where we have been to parties. A different option Team Attraction Gymnastics, this was a favorite in our house.
We've been to a party at PlayNation and it was great!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary