Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2018, 07:30 AM

37 posts, read 54,454 times

Advertisements

I'm a single, mid-50's woman still working full time. Wondering if I'd feel comfortable in Creekside by Bethpage or if the demographics mostly reflect older couples. Other threads indicate plenty of single women in Carolina Arbors. Comparing to Carolina Arbors, the base price point at Creekside seems lower, however the monthly fees at Creekside are much higher despite lack of indoor pool. Also the area around Creekside seems very commercial with alot of industrial buildings and hotel. I also understand the site plan calls for nearby apartments. Thoughts and feedback appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2018, 07:46 AM

4,304 posts, read 5,993,109 times
There are plenty of single women. My mother is building there right now and we met several on the street, although they were of somewhat older demographic but that may have been due to time of day.

Definitely a bit further from the action than CA, but things are growing rapidly. Creekside itself is still booming, only half built out, and there's still office and multifamily planned adjacent in the rest of Bethpage. Sterling and Page Park down the street are also going, and plenty more budding opportunities around. Master plan calls for a shopping plaza with grocery store at Page/Chin Page, but no word on when that might happen.

Old 03-20-2018, 08:22 AM

19,446 posts, read 27,855,486 times
I know several single women in Creekside. We visited (out of curiousity - we are happy in our home in Regency) both CA and Creekside models. We both thought the floorplans at Creekside were MUCH better at Creekside.

When we moved here in 2012, they were still building at Carolina Preserves. We looked - twice - and found the inflexibility of Pulte to be insufferable. Their favotite word was NO. I imagine it's the same at CA.

May I ask what the HOA fees are per month at Creekside? Im surprised they are much different than CS.

As far as the age demographic, the folks that we know in both communities are between 55 and roughly 65. That doesnt seem uncommon .

One warning about Creekside: there are serious delays in building out their townhomes.

Another thread that should interest you. http://www.city-data.com/forum/ralei...-bethpage.html

Old 03-20-2018, 08:30 AM

Default Creekside Fees

I believe Creekside quoted $249/mo for the townhouses and $219/mo for single family homes. It's impossible for me to purchase sight unseen. When I last visted the sales office in January I was told a townhouse model would be completed early spring. I'm in an apartment lease til December. What time frame were you quoted for the townhouses?

Old 03-20-2018, 08:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayley1 View Post
I believe Creekside quoted $249/mo for the townhouses and $219/mo for single family homes. It's impossible for me to purchase sight unseen. When I last visted the sales office in January I was told a townhouse model would be completed early spring. I'm in an apartment lease til December. What time frame were you quoted for the townhouses?
A friend is building in the townhouses (a singie lady). She was told they would break ground in fall 2017. They are just starting to break ground this month. Think they are building the models first. She expected to be able to EASILY close in August. Now she's hoping for october. Builder says they have had big delays for durham permits.

Re hoa fees. Isn't the HOA for SFR at CA about $200/mo?

Old 03-20-2018, 09:14 AM

CA is $184/month. Much bigger community can support amenities at a lower per-house rate.

Old 03-20-2018, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SFspiderman View Post
CA is $184/month. Much bigger community can support amenities at a lower per-house rate.
That makes sense, of course. But it's not so far off the fees quoted by Creekside.

OP remember that the townhouse HOA fees MAY include other things that are not covered with the SFR HOA fees. For example, townhouse HOA's MAY include homeowners insurance for the exterior of the building, repainting, re-roofing, etc. Carefully read the HOA documents to determine exactly what is included, regardless of what the sales agent tells you.

BTW, if you haven't gotten a buyer's agent yet, I would STRONGLY suggest that you do immediately. The places you have already toured MAY not accept paying their commission, which is going to be a problem. But even with new construction, you need to be represented. The sales agents are sharks (not just at CA and Creekside - my comment applies to all new builder sales agents. They are just doing their job, but their job is NOT to protect you. It's to get the houses sold. Which is why you need your own agent.)

Old 03-20-2018, 12:14 PM

Agree it's good to have a buyer's agent, but I was impressed with my mother's sales agent at Creekside. She went to bat for her against the VP over a custom option price quote and won.

Old 03-20-2018, 03:05 PM

4,265 posts, read 11,427,763 times
Ss
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFspiderman View Post
Yes, and the difference in the amenity centers is huge. Here at CA, the clubhouse is 37,000 sf, indoor pool, incredible outdoor pool, tennis courts, pickleball courts, bocce, full gy, pottery room w/kiln plus lots more.

That being said, we've decided we want to move closer to the beach and really want a smaller community. Moving to Southport in September.

Old 03-21-2018, 06:54 AM

Thank you for all the comments, I do have a buyer's agent and although I toured models alone with the site agent to save my realtor's time I did register him immediately and cc on all emails. While the CA amenities are incredible, including the indoor pool which I would love, the pricing at Creekside seems a better fit for my range. Townhome pricing more in my comfort zone and adding 2nd floor seems to give better square footage than the smallest SFH models however wondering on resale value of a townhome vs ranch SFH. I'm in my mid-50's, stairs are not yet a problem but might be a deterence to any resale. Thoughts?
HOA at Creekside for the townhomes include exterior maintenance, grounds, termite inspection. Docs show a dog park planned. Any info on the one-time capital contribution which is $2k at Creekside?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary