Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-14-2015, 07:27 AM

115 posts, read 326,036 times

Advertisements

We are moving in to a house with an older Goodman AC and gas furnace and want to upgrade.

We are interested in Trane, American Standard, or Carrier units. Can anyone recommend a HVAC company for the install. Would like a company that is not too big...where the owner is involved and really cares. I have seen some dated posts and want a more current recommendation. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2015, 08:10 AM

821 posts, read 1,464,191 times
Up until recently (when I had my unit replaced with a Goodman unit), I used Blinson HVAC (they were going to install a Trane unit, which was more expensive). I will say that the owner was directly involved when I started using them ~10 years ago - he was not involved with the quote on the Trane unit, but I think they are a solid smaller company and have nothing negative to say about them. Good luck!

Old 08-14-2015, 08:52 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,237,376 times
There is a guy that will get recommended quickly here - he does very good work and is a one-man shop as far as I can tell...I just don't know his name, and others will provide it soon enough.

I use and refer Phil Pleasant at A Pleasant Environment. It's him and his one employee, who's been with him a couple of years. He's completely trustworthy, knows his stuff, and does what needs to be done without trying to upcharge you.

Old 08-14-2015, 09:09 AM

1,483 posts, read 1,231,107 times
Justin Woodlief, 919.796.2017
He is the best, honest and no BS with him, give him a call

Old 08-14-2015, 09:40 AM

4,003 posts, read 10,847,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
There is a guy that will get recommended quickly here - he does very good work and is a one-man shop as far as I can tell...I just don't know his name, and others will provide it soon enough.

I use and refer Phil Pleasant at A Pleasant Environment. It's him and his one employee, who's been with him a couple of years. He's completely trustworthy, knows his stuff, and does what needs to be done without trying to upcharge you.
That would be Justin Woodleif. He has a few employees, but Justin is the head honcho and very actively involved. I have referred him probably 200 times, everybody loves the guy and he is so helpful and honest.

Old 08-14-2015, 11:03 AM

2 posts, read 1,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sacredgrooves View Post
That would be Justin Woodleif. He has a few employees, but Justin is the head honcho and very actively involved. I have referred him probably 200 times, everybody loves the guy and he is so helpful and honest.

Old 08-14-2015, 11:12 AM

2,925 posts, read 3,344,686 times
We used Matson Maximum Mechanical for an install, they replaced our original HVAC unit with a Trane unit. Kit was excellent in terms of his technical knowledge about the best system for our space and inspecting the current duct work. The guys who did the install were great. There was no upsell and the price was very reasonable. I do not believe it is a large company at all.

We also called Justin Woodleif a couple of weeks ago because the A/C was out in a relatives house. Matson did not have availability until the following day. Justin was able to come out about 2 hours after I called him. He fixed the problem at a reasonable rate. He was conservative in his approach, in the sense that he was trying to save us money by not replacing anything that did not need to be replaced. He is very personable and his charge for the repair was reasonable. I would call him again.

Old 08-14-2015, 11:33 AM

4,259 posts, read 3,182,078 times
One more for Justin. Been jacked around by many HVAC guys over the years and he is the only one I use now.

Old 08-14-2015, 11:49 AM

821 posts, read 1,464,191 times
Yes, I should add that I used Justin, as well His quote was lower than Blinson, but he also installed a Goodman (I'm not sure he installs Trane). If you're open to options, I'd definitely get a quote from Justin.

Old 08-14-2015, 03:56 PM

13,811 posts, read 27,472,077 times
Justin isn't a licensed contractor here in Raleigh. He pulls permits under someone else's name. FYI. There is a web site where you can look up the licensed contractors eligible to do such work here and his name wasn't there last I checked.

Also he uses Goodman units.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
View detailed profiles of: