Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-02-2016, 06:49 AM

1,236 posts, read 1,402,243 times

Advertisements

I'll be starting a small dessert business this spring, and am thinking about frequenting a couple of the Farmer's Markets in the Triangle. I was wondering if anybody's been to the downtown Raleigh Farmer's Market they have on Wednesdays from 10a-2p? Anyone maybe work in the downtown area and bought anything from there?

Just wondering what the foot traffic is like, and if folks that work downtown go to the Farmer's Market on say maybe their lunch hour.....Saturdays aren't an option for me right now, so trying to see what markets get good Wednesday business, which would make it worth my time. I plan to sell things word of mouth as well, but wanted to have a farmer's market presence as well.

If you know anything, thanks in advance for the info.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-02-2016, 08:12 AM

6,658 posts, read 5,608,497 times
I was there on occasion on lunch breaks - there's definitely foot traffic so it would be a good option if you did want to sell stuff. I would usually go and buy lunch from one of the vendors and grab something for dessert afterwards if something caught my eye.

Old 10-02-2016, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierretong1991 View Post
I was there on occasion on lunch breaks - there's definitely foot traffic so it would be a good option if you did want to sell stuff. I would usually go and buy lunch from one of the vendors and grab something for dessert afterwards if something caught my eye.
Oh, okay. Cool. Thanks for the info!

Old 10-03-2016, 06:46 AM

2,492 posts, read 3,036,058 times
I have gone there for years. Prepared foods seem to be the most popular. That's great for the lunch crowd but the progressive lack of much actual produce irked me. I think they are still open through mid October. There were at least 2-3 dessert places not including the German bakery and cookie shop.

Old 10-03-2016, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyn7cyn View Post
I have gone there for years. Prepared foods seem to be the most popular. That's great for the lunch crowd but the progressive lack of much actual produce irked me. I think they are still open through mid October. There were at least 2-3 dessert places not including the German bakery and cookie shop.
Oh, wow? Not much produce?? That's odd to say the least. What part of downtown Raleigh is it? Are the stands of each vendor covered? Or are there tents or something? I'm not too worried about the other dessert vendors; I'm doing something different that I don't think is probably down there, although it's a southern favorite.

Old 10-03-2016, 09:30 AM
PDF

11,396 posts, read 13,446,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No2Monsanto View Post
Oh, wow? Not much produce?? That's odd to say the least. What part of downtown Raleigh is it? Are the stands of each vendor covered? Or are there tents or something? I'm not too worried about the other dessert vendors; I'm doing something different that I don't think is probably down there, although it's a southern favorite.
Yeah not much in the way of produce. It's on Fayetteville St. I didn't work DT, but when I lived in Raleigh I would go most weeks. But there were always lots of foot traffic there.

Old 10-03-2016, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDF View Post
Yeah not much in the way of produce. It's on Fayetteville St. I didn't work DT, but when I lived in Raleigh I would go most weeks. But there were always lots of foot traffic there.
Not a bunch of produce but that's to be expected given that the people visiting there are people already downtown or people who work nearby and just want something quick to eat. Definitely a different crowd than say the North Hills Farmers Market on weekends or the State Farmers Market. I'm not going to take a whole bunch of produce back to the office if I'm not going home soon afterwards.....

Old 10-03-2016, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierretong1991 View Post
Not a bunch of produce but that's to be expected given that the people visiting there are people already downtown or people who work nearby and just want something quick to eat. Definitely a different crowd than say the North Hills Farmers Market on weekends or the State Farmers Market. I'm not going to take a whole bunch of produce back to the office if I'm not going home soon afterwards.....
Hmmmm. Very good point. This helps me a lot, thanks.

Old 10-03-2016, 11:42 AM

2,819 posts, read 2,592,287 times
We go to the Farmer's market on the weekend a lot but the hassle isn't worth it to me during the week. It wouldn't take me too long to get there, it's just not my top destination if I'm going out to eat.

Old 10-03-2016, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No2Monsanto View Post
Hmmmm. Very good point. This helps me a lot, thanks.
No problem, there are tents for each vendor so it is covered. http://media.bizj.us/view/img/580984...2082-131-0.jpg
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary