Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-11-2018, 09:45 AM

288 posts, read 414,325 times

Advertisements

I currently have Virgin Mobile, which uses the Spring network I believe.
I get horrible LTE. Almost never get service if I am inside of building.

I need to switch.

Think of going with straight talk, but not sure whether to get a Verizon sim/phone or AT&T.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-11-2018, 11:07 AM

16,421 posts, read 12,522,693 times
For the most part, they are about the same across the Triangle. Results may vary based on specific locations (i.e. one's office or living room, for example) and that's not something that anyone here can help with.

I suggest asking coworkers and neighbors.

Old 06-11-2018, 02:47 PM

288 posts, read 414,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertfordshire View Post
For the most part, they are about the same across the Triangle. Results may vary based on specific locations (i.e. one's office or living room, for example) and that's not something that anyone here can help with.

I suggest asking coworkers and neighbors.
Yeah, I'm guessing either is better than Sprint/Virgin

Old 06-11-2018, 03:21 PM

7,190 posts, read 6,831,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by capnb View Post
Yeah, I'm guessing either is better than Sprint/Virgin
It would have to be. I have Sprint’s BoostMobile service and I can’t hardly get a damn signal every time I’m in NC, which is often since our doctors are with Duke. As long as I’m north of Yanceyville, it works, but south of it is when my iPhone goes into a iComa.

Old 06-11-2018, 05:59 PM

1,423 posts, read 1,479,117 times
I wonder how the service is going to change now that Sprint and T-Mobile are in the process of merging.

From what I have seen, I like T-Mobile’s coverage better than Sprint’s but that’s really splitting hairs since both of them can get spotty service.

I have AT&T right now, but don’t really have any issues with service here in the Triangle .

Old 06-11-2018, 06:36 PM

3,662 posts, read 3,942,068 times
Total Wireless is Verizon network for $34 a month 6 gig of data if purchased at Walmart.

Old 06-11-2018, 07:52 PM

1,733 posts, read 2,423,988 times
Verizon is the best, ATT is a close 2nd. Sprint/T-mobile/Boost/all the others are pretty much crap.

Old 06-11-2018, 07:54 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,275,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpobill View Post
Verizon is the best, ATT is a close 2nd. Sprint/T-mobile/Boost/all the others are pretty much crap.
I agree with this assessment for people who are heavy users of their phone/data on any of these networks. If you are not a heavy user and you rarely travel, you can get by with prepaids and discount carriers.

If you NEED your phone to work all the time, go for VZW or ATT, whichever you can get at your house and gives you the best price.

I've had ATT for over a decade and never had any issues with service around here.

Old 06-11-2018, 09:24 PM

1,022 posts, read 1,255,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bpobill View Post
Second that. I had VZ, ATT and Virgin. Verizon is best with ATT very close second and Virgin way worse. I’m happy with ATT prepaid plan as I’m not a heavy cell data user. If you need reliability go with VZ or ATT.

Old 06-12-2018, 11:34 AM

845 posts, read 1,688,694 times
I had Virgin Mobile pre-paid in central NY state, and it was good in all populated areas but had poor coverage outside those areas. switched to Verizon pre-paid and it was much better. Verizon pre-paid *might* not always be on the same priority network as regular Verizon traffic (that is just a guess.) Switched to my wife's AT&T regular monthly plan when we moved to Raleigh. Thus far has been great, but we are moving from an apartment near Crabtree up to a house near Six Forks and Lynn Rds. No reception at all in many rooms, and just two bars in a couple of key spots of you stand still. Do any of you have experience with signal boosters and repeaters?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary