Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-30-2017, 01:20 PM

1,527 posts, read 1,482,015 times

Advertisements

I just want to tell you how well I was treated at my Wal-Mart at Triangle Town Center.

Thursday, I went to Wal-Mart with my adult daughter and 2 grandsons. Had recently received some anti-inflammatory medicine from my doctor for joint pain. It made me very tired and I decided to wait in the garden shop.

Sat on a floor shelf and, to my surprise, an associate appeared with a comfortable chair. Then another associate suddenly brought a bottle of cold water. The store manager walked in and asked if I was well.

So happy, I called the central office today to praise the staff.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2017, 01:29 PM

888 posts, read 806,274 times
A person behind the fried chicken counter was equally as nice. I don't have any expectations at any wal mart but this one separates itself. It could be management. When you have garbage for managers I've worked a few places it trickles down. These guys must have decent people at the top.

Old 07-30-2017, 01:33 PM

7,190 posts, read 6,829,335 times
I have to admit, when I first saw the thread title, I figured it was sarcasm and expected a rant. Now I feel like a jackass.

I'm glad you had a good experience. The Walmart near me would've asked what the hell you were doing sitting on the shelf and threaten to give you the ol' heave-ho if you didn't move. Danville is such a classy place.

Old 07-30-2017, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigeru View Post
A person behind the fried chicken counter was equally as nice. I don't have any expectations at any wal mart but this one separates itself. It could be management. When you have garbage for managers I've worked a few places it trickles down. These guys must have decent people at the top.
They do. She is so sweet to customers and associates.

Old 07-30-2017, 01:41 PM

19,442 posts, read 27,850,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LM117 View Post
I have to admit, when I first saw the thread title, I figured it was sarcasm and expected a rant. Now I feel like a jackass.

I'm glad you had a good experience.
I must admit that was my reaction, too.

CapitalBlvd, I know we all give you some grief around here. But having joint pain is not a pleasant thing and I'm sincerely sorry that you are dealing with it. I hope that the anti-inflammatory drugs work wonders!

One additional comment for everyone - whenever you have a compliment for an employee or a store, it's always better to do it in writing - including email. The written thing usually goes into their personnel file, whereas a phone call doesn't.

Old 07-30-2017, 01:46 PM

888 posts, read 806,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post

CapitalBlvd, I know we all give you some grief around here. But having joint pain is not a pleasant thing and I'm sincerely sorry that you are dealing with it. I hope that the anti-inflammatory drugs work wonders!

One additional comment for everyone - whenever you have a compliment for an employee or a store, it's always better to do it in writing - including email. The written thing usually goes into their personnel file, whereas a phone call doesn't.
It's a place of business. They're going to let an employee know when they made a mistake but won't tell them when they were outstanding. They hire for outstanding work so that is the expectation. Employees need the outside notes like these that at least have a chance of reaching them.

Old 07-30-2017, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkgourmet View Post

Thanks. My wife and I went to the Duke doctor we've been visiting for 20 years.

She is trying to determine if this was a response to excess gluten since I almost died as a baby from Celiac or is some other issue like arthritis. It started suddenly.

After her tests come back, she'll probably refer me to a special Duke unit in Raleigh that can figure out what is my problem and how to fix it.

I really appreciate your kind words. The pain was so bad I wished I had a weapon in the house.

Old 07-30-2017, 02:42 PM

3,444 posts, read 2,820,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalBlvd View Post
Thanks. My wife and I went to the Duke doctor we've been visiting for 20 years.

She is trying to determine if this was a response to excess gluten since I almost died as a baby from Celiac or is some other issue like arthritis. It started suddenly.

After her tests come back, she'll probably refer me to a special Duke unit in Raleigh that can figure out what is my problem and how to fix it.

I really appreciate your kind words. The pain was so bad I wished I had a weapon in the house.
I am so glad you had a nice experience. There do seem to be the occasional Walmart where they hire more than just warm bodies. It's been well over a year since I've been to that specific one.

Did your doctor test for Lyme's Disease? Keep that in the back of your mind while they are trying to find the cause for your pain. I'm sorry, chronic pain is horrible.

Old 07-30-2017, 03:33 PM

8,159 posts, read 10,933,225 times
Good'ole Wal-Mart Nice Story

Old 07-30-2017, 03:34 PM

1,279 posts, read 1,723,569 times
Gotta say that's my favorite Walmart in the whole area, of the ones I've been to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
View detailed profiles of: