Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2017, 08:04 PM

8,159 posts, read 10,931,523 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by rory breaker View Post
Hahaha right. Good for you, isn't that nice. Have a great day.
Another one of your thugs was assassinated in NY today...unprovoked. Got anything smart to add about that?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2017, 08:11 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,014,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poggly Woggly View Post
Another one of your thugs was assassinated in NY today...unprovoked. Got anything smart to add about that?
Isn't that the saddest thing !!!
That is why the "hate cop" type posts bother me so much.
Judging an entire group because of the actions of a few is wrong no matter
what group it is.
It is wrong for a gender group, race group and is wrong for
a whole career group.

Old 07-05-2017, 08:38 PM

1,521 posts, read 2,765,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poggly Woggly View Post
Just this - what kind of person uses that story as leverage to make themselves feel good about belittling a stranger on a message board using a word you don't like. Gross. RIP to the officer, hope the community supports their family as best they can. No need to reply - fan club membership revoked.

Old 07-05-2017, 08:46 PM

Quote:
Just this - what kind of person uses that story as leverage to make themselves feel good about belittling a stranger on a message board using a word you don't like.
Wow, way to twist a response to your anti-cop rants.

Old 07-06-2017, 04:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
Wow, way to twist a response to your anti-cop rants.
Another desperate member of my fan club. You're so eager to make yourself feel "right" that you are actually going to try to reference a story where a cop was murdered senselessly, relating that to someone knowing their rights during a traffic stop, as if one leads to another, or as if I'm defending violence against an innnocent person. You're sick. Condolences to this officers family, its a shame that trolls like you are referencing that story in an attempt to shift the foundation of this discussion to something that clearly should not and can not be defended. As if my comments were meant to defend the actions taken against this cop...that's the story you're trying to paint, and anyone with a couple nickels of sense can see right through it. It's pathetic and disgusting, really. I don't mind you taking a shot at me, I'm used to my fan club sniffing around my posts and making snarky comments, but this is just sad, you've got issues. Good luck to you both and whatever you're dealing with.

Old 07-06-2017, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Another desperate member of my fan club. You're so eager to make yourself feel "right" that you are actually going to try to reference a story where a cop was murdered senselessly, relating that to someone knowing their rights during a traffic stop, as if one leads to another, or as if I'm defending violence against an innnocent person. You're sick. Condolences to this officers family, its a shame that trolls like you are referencing that story in an attempt to shift the foundation of this discussion to something that clearly should not and can not be defended. As if my comments were meant to defend the actions taken against this cop...that's the story you're trying to paint, and anyone with a couple nickels of sense can see right through it. It's pathetic and disgusting, really. I don't mind you taking a shot at me, I'm used to my fan club sniffing around my posts and making snarky comments, but this is just sad, you've got issues. Good luck to you both and whatever you're dealing with.
Rant all you want but it doesn't change the fact that hate speech against cops and attitudes
like saying the "thugs continue to infringe upon our rights" perpetuates the attitude that
leads to violence against cops.
The "all cops are bad" is a pathetically prejudiced attitude.

PS- Thinking I am sniffing around your posts is some seriously puffed-up thinking.

Old 07-06-2017, 01:45 PM

Hahaha ok, you're right, I said all cops are bad (I didn't) and I guess talking about people knowing their rights = encouraging people to murder police officers (it isn't). I would ask what actions YOU have specifically taken to solve this issue you care so much about besides trying to make yourself feel good on a messageboard with strangers...but frankly I don't care. Whatever floats your boat. Good luck!

Old 07-07-2017, 06:28 AM

8,159 posts, read 10,931,523 times
Quote:
I would ask what actions YOU have specifically taken to solve this issue you care so much about besides trying to make yourself feel good on a messageboard with strangers...but frankly I don't care.
Strangers I thought we were all family Rory.

Old 07-07-2017, 11:28 AM

1,527 posts, read 1,481,453 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
Isn't that the saddest thing !!!
That is why the "hate cop" type posts bother me so much.
Judging an entire group because of the actions of a few is wrong no matter
what group it is.
It is wrong for a gender group, race group and is wrong for
a whole career group.

So true.

There are many law enforcement officers. In any group, you may find persons who do not belong. Ask His Holiness Pope Francis about priests who committed serious sins against young male parishoners.

I hung out with a wild group in the 1960's. The NYC officers we met many times cut us a break if we did something dumb. We, in turn, treated them with respect.

Generalizations are all wrong.

Old 07-07-2017, 03:05 PM

703 posts, read 780,377 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CapitalBlvd View Post

Generalizations are all wrong.
Wow, just wow. You REALLY need to take your own advice when it comes to pretty much every other post you make on this forum. I think most here would agree that you are the undisputed king of sweeping generalizations.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary