Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2018, 04:38 PM

7,190 posts, read 6,819,674 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
Man you are weird with the whole Debra Morgan shoulders thing.
Don’t judge kinky people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2018, 04:51 PM

2,844 posts, read 2,976,234 times
I am the same way about Elizabeth

Old 08-10-2018, 04:56 PM

22,668 posts, read 36,783,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_guy View Post
I am the same way about Elizabeth
Obsessed with her shoulders? LOL

Seriously K4GPB's obsession with Debra's arms is a little odd.

Old 08-10-2018, 04:59 PM

1,322 posts, read 1,257,127 times
The other day Debra Morgan was wearing an outfit where her forearms were bare and I thought of here.

I'm sorry the new guy is injured, but sometimes we are our own worst enemy.

Old 08-10-2018, 05:02 PM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,725,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_guy View Post
Elizabeth going sky diving is news?

Hogan broke his face at the beach?

Check ins from bill leslie?

Is this news?
Ugh I'm so glad someone else feels this way. I've noticed it on the uptick more than usual with them. Just report the news. I don't give a crap about what all these anchors are doing.

Old 08-10-2018, 05:07 PM

873 posts, read 1,016,473 times
It's a combination of new owners and falling ratings and tight competition. And the fact that consultants believe people watch the news based on personalities rather than the information given.

Old 08-10-2018, 05:11 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,269,179 times
I will say Debra's new hair-do and glasses are an improvement. But this will be the only time I say it. Lol.

Old 08-10-2018, 05:12 PM

8,159 posts, read 10,926,307 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmoe571 View Post
It's a combination of new owners and falling ratings and tight competition. And the fact that consultants believe people watch the news based on personalities rather than the information given.
No doubt...I watch WRAL because of the personalities. I've been watching 60 years or so. It just gets better

Old 08-10-2018, 05:16 PM

3,661 posts, read 3,937,488 times
I like David Crabtree but it's time to cede the lead chair to a young handsome MALE anchor.

Mike Maze can deliver the forecast talking very fast, which is good for combatting stereotypes of smaller metro news organizations, but he is getting older and more male eye candy is needed. Greg is good, nerdy eye candy.

WRAL still has my respect, but I don't think they are striving to be the best in the country as they once did.

WSB-TV here in Atlanta has newer, more advanced technology that WRAL will eventually starting using 1-2 years from now, such as the layering of maps on top of live video from Sky 5 that superimposes the street names on top of live video.

One thing WRAL does that I've never seen in other cities is show moving traffic (streaming live) cameras of the highways which I think is cool.

I also email WRAL every 2-3 years complimenting what I like and requesting other things, afterwhich I always get a personal reply.

I also LOVE the backdrops of downtown with the great colors and different angles of skyline for different newscasts.

I think they go overboard trying to be diverse in hiring of reporters.

For those of you who remember Carol Sbarge from WRAL, she must specifically ask to read all of the NC-related stories here at WSB-TV. Even though she only co-anchors the noon news, she was on tonight's 6pm news with the story of the Wake Forest coach causing a death in NYC.

John Bachman probably disliked the non-stop crime here and left WSB-TV for Jacksonville, FL I think.

Erin Coleman had a baby a couple of years ago and also left WSB-TV and returned to Philadelphia.

Keith Whitney from WTVD was hired by Atlanta's new female mayor for a highly visible position perhaps with the media.

Many more but I can't remember their names.

Old 08-10-2018, 05:17 PM
DPK

4,594 posts, read 5,725,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poggly Woggly View Post
No doubt...I watch WRAL because of the personalities. I've been watching 60 years or so. It just gets better
I do have to agree with you, that in general the personalities on WRAL are the least "cringy" of the networks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary