Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-14-2018, 09:42 PM

873 posts, read 1,017,487 times

Advertisements

Colvard Farms in Chatham County, which now has 170 lots, will add new houses on the Durham side of the county line as the neighborhood near Jordan Lake expands. The Durham County Board of Commissioners rezoned 29 acres of vacant rural residential land to suburban residential for up to 31 houses.

Homes in Colvard Farms start at $950,000 for the land and a custom house, according to the development’s site. It describes itself as a “unique luxury community originally designed by noted national conservation planner Randall Arendt.” New lots range from 0.69 to 1.1 acres. It is located off N.C. 751, a few miles south of The Streets at Southpoint mall and Interstate 40.

https://www.heraldsun.com/news/local...#storylink=cpy
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2018, 02:37 PM

1,836 posts, read 1,597,753 times
Aren’t the majority of homes on the Durham side of the county line already?

Old 08-15-2018, 04:44 PM

1,737 posts, read 2,574,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ozmoe571 View Post
Colvard Farms in Chatham County, which now has 170 lots, will add new houses on the Durham side of the county line as the neighborhood near Jordan Lake expands. The Durham County Board of Commissioners rezoned 29 acres of vacant rural residential land to suburban residential for up to 31 houses.

Homes in Colvard Farms start at $950,000 for the land and a custom house, according to the development’s site. It describes itself as a “unique luxury community originally designed by noted national conservation planner Randall Arendt.” New lots range from 0.69 to 1.1 acres. It is located off N.C. 751, a few miles south of The Streets at Southpoint mall and Interstate 40.

https://www.heraldsun.com/news/local...#storylink=cpy
Those huge power lines would be a big negative for me.

Old 08-15-2018, 10:48 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,219,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaPaKoMom View Post
Aren’t the majority of homes on the Durham side of the county line already?
the original large development was in Chatham County (at least where the houses were; I suppose the intersection with 751 may be Durham County).

Old 08-16-2018, 10:02 AM

1,836 posts, read 1,597,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BoBromhal View Post
the original large development was in Chatham County (at least where the houses were; I suppose the intersection with 751 may be Durham County).
I have a friend close to the tennis courts and club house and I know she is in Durham. I just thought that most were in Durham.
I have to agree with the previous comment that the power lines would be a red flag and I wouldn't be interested in spending that kind of money on a home with power lines that bisect the neighborhood.

Old 08-17-2018, 07:28 PM

105 posts, read 101,538 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucctgg View Post
Those huge power lines would be a big negative for me.
They're really not noticeable when in the community. Good landscaping and community planning make them all but invisible.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
View detailed profiles of: