Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-03-2018, 06:49 AM

163 posts, read 154,746 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by m378 View Post
I've been going to My Eye Dr just out of convenience, but that place is the worst. I can't stand how you can't get out of there without a sales pitch at the end.
I lasted for one visit after the owner sold Eye Care Associates to them. All the employees seemed miserable.

I go to Triangle Visions now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-03-2018, 06:50 AM

9,265 posts, read 8,274,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadjalou View Post
But they charge the fitting fee every year as part of my eye exam. And I'm not sure if I can order more contacts with an expired prescription. I suppose some online retailers don't check so I guess I could try. My $105 hardware allowance pays for the fitting exam but doesn't leave much for contacts so the point of the thread was to see if I can get the fitting exam cheaper than what I've been paying every year.
Again, that's what the online test is for - they will give you a test, have one of their "doctors" review it, and renew your prescription for you.

Regardless, we're talking about 75 bucks a year here. If that's causing so much stress then maybe glasses are the smarter choice.

Old 09-03-2018, 05:21 PM

201 posts, read 1,004,066 times
Quote:
Again, that's what the online test is for - they will give you a test, have one of their "doctors" review it, and renew your prescription for you.

Regardless, we're talking about 75 bucks a year here. If that's causing so much stress then maybe glasses are the smarter choice.
Sigh. I'm simply trying to be a smart shopper and find a place that offers the same service (contact fitting fee) for less than what I've been paying. I want less of my eyeware hardware allowance to go towards an unnecessary fitting fee and more of it to go towards contacts or glasses, if that's possible. That is all.

Old 09-03-2018, 05:33 PM

9,265 posts, read 8,274,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadjalou View Post
Sigh. I'm simply trying to be a smart shopper and find a place that offers the same service (contact fitting fee) for less than what I've been paying. I want less of my eyeware hardware allowance to go towards an unnecessary fitting fee and more of it to go towards contacts or glasses, if that's possible. That is all.
Am I in the twilight zone? I've told you three times how to avoid the fitting fee. Let me tell you again:

1. Go somewhere like lens.com and do an online vision test to get the prescription renewed when it expires. Here's the link that I already gave to you in this thread - it is 40 dollars: https://www.lens.com/vision-test

2. Then, use your allowance to buy contacts.

3. Get full eye exam and contact fitting every 2 years.

4. Profit

Old 09-04-2018, 11:30 AM

19,437 posts, read 27,844,220 times
Quote:
Am I in the twilight zone? I've told you three times how to avoid the fitting fee. Let me tell you again:

1. Go somewhere like lens.com and do an online vision test to get the prescription renewed when it expires. Here's the link that I already gave to you in this thread - it is 40 dollars: https://www.lens.com/vision-test

2. Then, use your allowance to buy contacts.

3. Get full eye exam and contact fitting every 2 years.

4. Profit
Or protect your irreplaceable eyesight and see a proper optometrist. (M378 we've already agreed that every TWO years is completely adequate for most people, so I'm not blowing off your solution.)

I also think if OP bothered to call the oft -recommend Dr Mauro at Durham Costco, he would find that contact lens fitting is maybe a $20 add on to her regular reasonably priced FULL exam.

(PS be grateful that you have ANY insurance. )
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary