Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-08-2019, 01:48 PM

1 posts, read 757 times

Advertisements

Hello

My family and I are looking to move to NC in the coming year. I am interested in sending my son to private school to avoid the cap issues with the public schools.

Any recommendations for private schools, in particular Christian private schools?

Looking in the Cary area.

My son would be in 1st grade by then.

Thanks,
Pauline
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-08-2019, 03:29 PM

425 posts, read 462,920 times
There are several Christian schools in the area. Grace, Cary Christian, North Raleigh Christian, etc. I would not define any of them as large, and they vary in size from small to medium. I suspect curriculum is similar among them, as we have been part of several Christian schools through-out our relocations and all used similar curriculum.

You'll need to tour them in person to get a feel for the vibe of each. The level of extra curricular activities will vary a fair bit between them. And final selection will likely depend a lot on where you purchase a house, which will depend upon where you end up with a job. For instance, you likely won't chose between Grace and NRCA, if you end up in Holly Springs.

We are currently at one of the three listed above and have been happy. Not the favorite we have been at, but quite happy with the staff and student family.

Old 02-08-2019, 04:09 PM

4,557 posts, read 3,758,043 times

I would recommend Grace to the OP. Thales is NOT a Christian school - not sure why that gets thrown around like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary