Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2019, 08:43 AM

1,701 posts, read 2,589,982 times

Advertisements

My local supermarket formerly carried this item, but dropped it. Does your Raleigh-Cary-Apex store stock it? This is the "Black Band" premium formulation.

Attached Thumbnails
ISO Turkey Hill All-Natural Vanilla Bean Ice Cream-turkey-hill-anvbic.jpg  
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2019, 11:41 AM

9,779 posts, read 15,790,796 times
I cannot guarantee it, but Food Lions around here carry Turkey Hill All Natural. You can check online if your local one does pickup/delivery. Love Turkey Hill All Natural ice cream - just a few ingredients.

Old 09-05-2019, 11:55 AM

2,863 posts, read 4,677,993 times
The Food Lion on Hwy 55 on the Cary/Apex border carries a full line of Turkey Hill ice cream, all naturals included.

Turkey Hill is pretty much all I buy. Food Lion has the best prices on ice cream.

Old 09-05-2019, 03:25 PM

2,267 posts, read 1,945,491 times
Love their French Vanilla. Definitely my favorite ice cream!

Old 09-05-2019, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_Lan View Post
The Food Lion on Hwy 55 on the Cary/Apex border ...
Went there. They had it, and On Sale! Thank you Food Lion, and thank you C_Lan.

Old 09-05-2019, 05:22 PM

2,486 posts, read 2,544,081 times
H-T TH ice cream "sale"

"Buy 2 get three free."

48 oz fake half gallon is $4.99

So, five end up costing $2.00 each which equals Wal-Mart and Aldi's everyday price for their same-size store brands.

Meanwhile, FULL 64 oz half-gallons of store brand ice cream & frozen yogurt are 2 for 7 at Publix, this week.

Old 09-05-2019, 05:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by K4GPB View Post
H-T TH ice cream "sale"
"Buy 2 get three free."
48 oz fake half gallon is $4.99
So, five end up costing $2.00 each which equals Wal-Mart and Aldi's everyday price for their same-size store brands.
Yes, but that deal is for Turkey Hill's (somewhat inferior) Red Band line of ice cream. I willingly paid more for Black Band.

Old 09-05-2019, 07:44 PM

2,584 posts, read 1,872,199 times
I saw some commercials recently of Breyers attempting to reclaim their former glory, but I'm not falling for it (again).

What I remember as the best dang ice cream I ever had as a teen, then ridiculed for it by a VT native poster on an international forum 10-something years, turned out to be true when I tried it here a couple years ago. She was right - it's now air-blown junk. She was proud of her state's Ben & Jerry's, which I think is pretty good but not on the old Breyer's level.

So looking for something like that. I use Vanilla as my benchmark. I will eventually try this Black Turkey.

Then again, with the exception of yogurt, we've pretty much cut out dairy, and use Almond 'Milk" for coffee and tea - makes it harder to go back to things like ice cream. So, like pizza, those now-infrequent times we do have it, want it to be worth it.

Last edited by Repatriot; 09-05-2019 at 07:54 PM..

Old 09-05-2019, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Repatriot View Post
I saw some commercials recently of Breyers attempting to reclaim their former glory, but I'm not falling for it (again).
Copied from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Breyers

Quote:
Prior to 2006, Breyers was known for producing ice cream with a small number of all-natural ingredients. In recent years, as part of cost-cutting measures since their move from Green Bay, Wisconsin, to Unilever's U.S. headquarters in Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey, Unilever reformulated many of its flavors with nontraditional, additive ingredients, significantly changing the taste and texture of their desserts as a result.

Old 09-05-2019, 07:59 PM

1,322 posts, read 1,257,958 times
Breyer's has a lot of 'frozen dairy dessert' or something like it. It doesn't have enough fat in it to be labeled as ice cream. I think vanilla and chocolate are still ice cream but varieties with mix-ins are not ice cream. Stopped buying Breyer's when I noticed the label.

I used to like Edy's but last time I bought it (a few years ago) it was too gummy. I guess it had enough milk fat to be considered ice cream, but had other fillers to make it gummy.

I've enjoyed the new to the area Tillamook ice cream, but at $6.99 for 48 ounces, I wait for a sale.

I was at HT earlier today and only had the red band Turkey Hill.

Oh, and the HT buy 2 get 3 free sales. I don't have enough freezer space for 5 cartons of ice cream. Nor should I have 5 cartons of ice cream at home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary