Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2009, 08:18 AM

683 posts, read 1,886,422 times

Advertisements

Good morning. I am looking for a pediatric practice in Cary for my 12-year old son. I've browsed through the board and found quite a few threads re: pediatrician recommendations, but most seem to be focused on recommendations for newborns or young children.

Criteria I'm looking for:

1) Small- to mid-sized practice. I prefer a place with more than one doctor to increase the chance of getting a sick-child appointment right away if my son is ill. It would also be nice to switch him from one doctor to another in the same practice if I am unhappy with the first doctor I choose. I don't want too large of a practice though because I feel they are too impersonal and won't remember us from visit to visit.

2) Male doctor. My son was not impressed the last time I took him for a physical and his female doctor had to check his "stuff". He said he's never going back there again. I'd also like a male doctor for him so they can talk freely about "guy stuff" as he gets older since sooner or later he will not feel comfortable talking to me about that kind of stuff.

3) Cary. I'd like to find a practice as close to home as possible, but am willing to drive a little further if it means better care. If not Cary, Apex would be preferable to Raleigh or Durham.

The following practices are available through our insurance provider and have at least two male doctors to choose from:

Cary Pediatric Center
Western Wake Pediatrics
Cornerstone Peds & Adolescent Med
Triangle Pediatric Center
Rex Pediatrics of Cary
Jeffers Mann & Artman Pediatric

Please let me know if you recommend any of the above practices, and if so which doctor(s) you think will best my criteria.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2009, 09:07 AM

718 posts, read 2,974,757 times
We use Cornerstone. Dr. Rutledge is great. It is a big practice, but we are seen right away if we need to and the nurses are very friendly.

Old 09-01-2009, 09:10 PM

1,054 posts, read 1,987,436 times
We also use Cornerstone and see Dr. Gelber. He's really nice and he listens. It's a big practice, but I never feel like he's rushed and I always feel like he remembers us.

Old 09-02-2009, 06:15 AM

683 posts, read 1,886,422 times
Thank you both for your comments. Yesterday my co-worker recommended Dr. Wilson, also of Cornerstone. It's great to hear that there are three recommendable male doctors at that practice.

Old 09-02-2009, 06:17 AM

718 posts, read 2,974,757 times
Dr. Wilson is also really good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary