Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 07:29 AM

33 posts, read 90,255 times

Advertisements

My husband recently received a speeding ticket on Wade Ave. for going 15 mph over the speed limit. Everyday we receive letters from Attorney's, but we are hoping to get a recommendation for one that someone else as used and had success with.

Any others speeders out there???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2008, 07:38 AM

2,275 posts, read 6,309,421 times
We've used Lawrence Kissling and have been happy with the results.

North Carolina Traffic Violations Attorney | Wake County NC Speeding Tickets Lawyer | DWI DUI

Old 07-01-2008, 07:43 AM

1,682 posts, read 3,449,611 times
What exactly did the attorney do for you?

Old 07-01-2008, 07:50 AM

3,307 posts, read 8,563,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellebelle View Post
My husband recently received a speeding ticket on Wade Ave. for going 15 mph over the speed limit. Everyday we receive letters from Attorney's, but we are hoping to get a recommendation for one that someone else as used and had success with.

Any others speeders out there???
Where did you get a ticket going 15 over. Everyone here drives 15 over! I go 63 on the beltline (60 mph zone) in the AM and practically get run over every single day.

Old 07-01-2008, 07:54 AM

33 posts, read 90,255 times
Waterboy526

It was on Wade Ave. between 40 and 440. My husband has been driving the 55mph speed limit since the ticket and he says people are speeding by and tailgating him like crazy. The cop that pulled him over was hiding in a ditch.

Old 07-01-2008, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Waterboy526

It was on Wade Ave. between 40 and 440. My husband has been driving the 55mph speed limit since the ticket and he says people are speeding by and tailgating him like crazy. The cop that pulled him over was hiding in a ditch.
Bummer, I go slow to save gas only. I used to drive faster, but realized how much I was saving in gas by going 63 instead of 70-75. Gas still hasn't got to the point where people are taking their driving habits and reexamining them. I wonder if people will start slowing down when gas hits $5,6,7 a gallon?

Back to your question. If he was going 15 over, then he wasn't "reckless by speed", so if it's not reckless than he might just want to go to court and get it reduced, pay the fine, and wind up with 0 or maybe 1-2 points on the license. I don't think this would effect your insurance rates at all, but I'm not an expert on insurance rates.

Old 07-01-2008, 09:28 AM

9,680 posts, read 27,170,204 times
Quote:
Waterboy526

That's one of the rats that plays the speed trap game.

No decent officer would ********* for going with the flow.

Old 07-01-2008, 09:41 AM

2,275 posts, read 6,309,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roscomac View Post
What exactly did the attorney do for you?
We paid a fine and court costs, but had no points on the record. The ticket didn't affect our insurance rates. He went to court for us - we paid the attorney, he took care of the rest.

My husband was the one who got the ticket, so I don't know any more details - sorry!

Old 07-01-2008, 11:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saturnfan View Post
That's one of the rats that plays the speed trap game.

No decent officer would ********* for going with the flow.
How do you know if they were going with the flow? If you're speeding, you're speeding...period! I was a cop and I certainly would write someone a citation if they were speeding. Didn't mean I wouldn't warn them either, but I didn't sit there and wonder if they were " going with the flow".

Old 07-01-2008, 12:20 PM

746 posts, read 2,248,292 times
I paid the fine ($10) and court costs ($125) and walked out -- the problem is that if you look for auto insurance or want to lessen your rates by changing, then it can (and will) come up. First darn speeding ticket I've ever had that stuck. Usually the cop doesn't show up and life is good. In NC, it's all electronic. There's no getting out of it.

My ticket was 20 over - got it lessened to 8 over, I was also driving in a car with no inspection (we bought it new and the dealer didn't inspect it, oops), and my license was still NYS (when you move here you have to get plates and license within 30 days) All of the other stuff was dropped, since I took care of it essentially the next day.

The lawyer won't help you in the long or short run, but will cost you some money. Whatever you do, don't use a prayer for justice unless you really, really need it. It applies to everyone in your household!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary