Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-02-2008, 03:18 PM

39 posts, read 83,984 times

Advertisements

Hi, I'm going to be a first time mom in a few months and need some help. Where is the best place to go to buy baby furniture? The obvious place to go is Babies R Us, but I figured with all the furniture stores in the area, there must be a good baby store around. Also, can anyone recommend a pediatrician? We live in Cary. Any help you can give us would be great. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-02-2008, 03:37 PM

8,583 posts, read 16,028,505 times
If I had it to do over I would get a dresser that would also work in a youth room and
put one of those changing pads with raised sides on it . Then you could have
wipes/clothes/diapers all in the drawers within reach.

Then in 2 years when they need a toddler room you have a dresser.

ps.... congrats !!!!!

Old 11-02-2008, 04:24 PM

1,540 posts, read 5,567,562 times
Great idea :-) My daughter did the same thing. Works really well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly237 View Post
If I had it to do over I would get a dresser that would also work in a youth room and
put one of those changing pads with raised sides on it . Then you could have
wipes/clothes/diapers all in the drawers within reach.

Then in 2 years when they need a toddler room you have a dresser.

ps.... congrats !!!!!

Old 11-02-2008, 04:35 PM

2,834 posts, read 12,043,576 times
we found our crib in cary, at usa baby. If they are still in business, they used to have sales every couple of months. We got a convertible crib, which I don't (converts to a toddler bed then a full size bed), but I don't think I would do that again!

A pediatrician, I would recommend schmidt and catchings, although it is a family practice (which I really liked), my kids saw susie catchings from the time they were first born until we moved to wake forest (so, 3 years for my oldest daughter). she is very very good.

I would also suggest, if you haven't already, joining trianglemommies because they have tons of recommendations, suggestions, etc that will help!

Leigh

Old 11-02-2008, 05:33 PM

39 posts, read 83,984 times
Thanks so much for your suggestions! I have heard about trianglemommies and will join there as well!

Old 11-02-2008, 05:40 PM

546 posts, read 2,419,061 times
We bought our crib and dresser from usa baby. the crib was great but the dresser has been a pain. the drawers have come off the rails twice. not impressed. if i had to do it all over again i would check out ikea (even though we don't have one in raleigh).

Old 11-02-2008, 06:30 PM

40 posts, read 105,145 times
I get tons of info from Trianglemommies.

I use Dr. Lerich at Jeffers, Mann, & Artman in Cary. I had my sons first visit there (we just moved here) and the office & doctor was wonderful.

Old 11-03-2008, 06:42 AM

107 posts, read 480,870 times
leighbhe, why wouldn't you get a convertible crib again? Have you found that is does not convert well?

Old 11-03-2008, 07:40 AM

551 posts, read 2,289,373 times
I got all our baby furniture at USA Baby a few years ago. But unfortunately, they're no longer in business. They are somehow related to ChildSpace, which is at Crossroads shopping center in Cary - near Best Buy. We were really pleased with their selection; we were simultaneously shocked at how expensive all baby furniture is! We got a crib that converts to a toddler bed and later a full size bed; an armoire that can be used to store things and someday for a television; and a three-drawer chest of drawers that has a changing pad on top of it for now.

Other places... Target, Burlington Coat Factory (big baby section in the back)!!

Old 11-03-2008, 12:21 PM

3,155 posts, read 10,764,906 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nclover View Post
if i had to do it all over again i would check out ikea (even though we don't have one in raleigh).
When I was pregnant for the first time, we purchased a dresser from Ikea for the baby. The top folds down into a changing table. When the baby is bigger, the top folds up and it's a display cubby. Almost 9 years later we still have the same dresser, and it's in great shape, even after 2 not so gentle kids, 2 moves, one being crossing country. Of course, I'm thinking it's time to upgrade the dresser for my almost 9 year old. But the old Ikea one will go in my walk in closet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary