Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2008, 04:26 PM

945 posts, read 1,972,510 times

Advertisements

We hit all these places today and more (even though we had planned on not doing this ) and it was jam packed everywhere. Just a sea of cars everywhere. There were some good deals around, but not as many deep discounts as I would have thought. We did score some nice items for ourselves, although not Christmas presents.....just fun stuff now. Hopefully we will stay away from the mobs at the stores the rest of the weekend. At least everyone seemed to be having a blast. It was nice to see all the smiling faces.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2008, 04:29 PM

1,246 posts, read 4,386,769 times
We were at BJ's in Brier Creek and it was deserted. Few cars in the parking lot. I guess everyone was at the other end of the the mall.

Old 11-28-2008, 05:36 PM

9,680 posts, read 27,171,909 times
By 8 AM Walmart on New Hope Church Rd in Raleigh looked like a funeral home. Target too.

Old 11-28-2008, 06:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exit MA Now View Post
Hopefully we will stay away from the mobs at the stores the rest of the weekend.

Too late. Wife just found another place she wants to go check out. I guess we will be part of the masses again tomorrow.

I was surprised when I watched the news to find out people were camping out overnight at local stores to beat the crowds. Luckily we did not have anyone hurt like other parts of the country did. It is amazing how crazy some people will get on Black Friday.

Old 11-28-2008, 07:09 PM

Thumbs up Interesting article on how much shopping was going on.

“There’s traffic parked on the street, on the highway, behind buildings, on the curb – everywhere. It's crazy,†Edwards said.

Black Friday brings hopes for bargains and profits :: WRAL.com

Old 11-29-2008, 05:26 AM

455 posts, read 919,280 times
The wife and I were at Crossroads at about 6am and the Cary mall by 7am yesterday and it wasn't bad at all. Around noon my father and I went back up to Crossroads to pick something up for him at Office Depot and it was freaking ridiculous. I was soo glad we got up early and did the bulk of our shopping then!

Old 11-29-2008, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DGMayor View Post
Around noon my father and I went back up to Crossroads to pick something up for him at Office Depot and it was freaking ridiculous. I was soo glad we got up early and did the bulk of our shopping then!

We were out between 10:00 & 3:00. We thought the crowds would have died down a little, as most people would have been out early am. WRONG!. Oh well, it's part of the fun of the season I guess. Good thing we have GPS, so we can take some of the less crowded roads.

Old 11-29-2008, 12:34 PM

5,743 posts, read 17,607,545 times
We just got back from Crossroads (we were there from probably 12:30-2:00) and it seemed no more crowded than a normal Saturday.

Old 11-29-2008, 12:41 PM

3,353 posts, read 4,968,193 times
Blogger is a great site. It allows people to blog! There is also a blog function in city data. Both Twitter and Facebook allow you to tell people where you are at any given time and I think you can say anything you want!

Just tossing that out there

Old 11-29-2008, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewUser View Post
We just got back from Crossroads (we were there from probably 12:30-2:00) and it seemed no more crowded than a normal Saturday.
Things seemed to have calmed down to a normal Saturday when we were out today. Everything was still very busy, but not the insanity of yesterday.......thank God.

We did discover MacGregor Village in Cary for the first time today. The place is nothing to look at from the outside, but there are many neat shops and places to eat there. It was very busy, but manageable. Linda Loveland was there, doing her shopping.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary