Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2015, 09:46 AM

8 posts, read 8,338 times

Advertisements

Thanks everyone. The fear of the unknown or being out of ones comfort zone so to speak, is always a bit intimidating. While my loathing of snakes can be a bit much at times, having to deal with anything poisonous is a new concept for our family. Naturally we have questions about the possibilities, what ifs, etc. Every one here has been so great in relieving some of our anxieties. Were so far loving the weather so it is a worth while trade off! Ha ha. We'll deal with these experiences, if any, when they come. Thanks again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2015, 10:34 PM

4 posts, read 5,008 times
I've lived here 18 years and haven't died. Should be fine. Don't leave shoes outside, swim in ditches, or crawl through bushes.

Old 06-28-2015, 06:44 AM

4,266 posts, read 11,418,220 times
Are people purposefully dredging up old threads about insects, snakes 'n stuff?. I see a pattern.

Old 06-28-2015, 07:45 PM

30 posts, read 41,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
OK, so if you can't totally avoid getting stung by fire ant(s)...what do you do if that happens? How do you treat it?
Quickly shake everything out--your shoes, socks, pants. The stings hurt at first then, in a day or two, turn into a postule. I put benadryl cream on it right away. It takes at least five days for the bites to heal.

I always wear leather gloves when I garden in hopes of making it harder for a spider to bite me. I have only seen one black widow in the ten years I've been in the south (I'm in SC). However, I have seen pictures of brown recluse bites. Eeeek.

There are copperheads down here but, knock wood, I haven't encountered any.

Good luck.

Old 06-28-2015, 07:46 PM

30 posts, read 41,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljd1010 View Post
Are people purposefully dredging up old threads about insects, snakes 'n stuff?. I see a pattern.
I think it's the moving season and lots of folks from out of town don't know about these pests.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary