Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-28-2007, 05:35 AM

10 posts, read 49,817 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by holt4fam View Post
Apex and Holly Springs aren't depressing at all. What area are you talking about?
Sorry for the misunderstanding - I am trying to find info. ABOUT the Apex, Holly Springs area - when I have read other threads in NC about other cities, they are doom and gloom - bad schools, crime is awful, taxes, etc. I saw the homes on a real estate website for the Apex area and thought it looked very nice - so I am trying to learn about that specific area. I haven't been able to find info about it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-28-2007, 08:46 AM

1,484 posts, read 4,156,445 times
Default I live there

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3110happy View Post
Sorry for the misunderstanding - I am trying to find info. ABOUT the Apex, Holly Springs area - when I have read other threads in NC about other cities, they are doom and gloom - bad schools, crime is awful, taxes, etc. I saw the homes on a real estate website for the Apex area and thought it looked very nice - so I am trying to learn about that specific area. I haven't been able to find info about it.
I live in between both towns with a HS address. Both are great towns and not one had a real problem with anything you mentioned other than alot of people moving to the area. I think that every town in Wake had a part that is not as nice as other parts, that by far doesnt mean the town is a bad place. Most areas in the triangle including HS and Fuquay continue to improve (still lots of growth). THe main issues that almost every Wake town is facing is growth, schools, and traffic but that is what comes with a "boom" to an area. Also most crimes committed in HS and Fuquay are minor theft and vandalism and such. I moved there from NJ and actually while where I was in NJ was rated safer, I feel safer where I am. Try talking to residents in some sub. in both towns (pref. ones that you are considering) and ask about the issues. As the weather gets nicer more people will be outdoors. This is alot nicer than knocking on someones door which can be imposing. That is EXACTLY how I chose the area and my sub.

Old 02-28-2007, 10:45 AM

959 posts, read 4,493,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC man View Post
Indigoblue has he tried SASS in Cary. And Yes I realize North VA is expensive as well as NY and Jersy, North Raleigh in one year has jumped up there also,The nc carolin coast just five years ago you could buy ocean front for 250 grand on holden Beach now min of 1.5 million for same lot, thats flattened out but still crazy ,NC is in its market boom now and will be right there with the rest of them very soon while the northeast is in a down turn. I have seen the insugency change from Nj and NY to Virginia and Florida, Texas in Winston Salem. And yes this is my state and would not wanna live in yours so I understand. but I dont have to like the over crowding increase in crime. rising taxes. and check this out they reported a 25% increase in registered sex offenders have moved in the triangle in the last year. Thats not cool.
He hasn't tried SASS Thanks for the thought. Gives me bad memories of having to use it in grad school though

Old 02-28-2007, 12:19 PM

10 posts, read 49,817 times
Thank you - I am learning as I go through these that while we might be searching for the perfect place, it's really what you make of it. Every place has good and bad. Just a comfort level that is totally individual. Best option is to really research the area and visit. Thanks for the input.

Old 03-01-2007, 08:46 PM

4,975 posts, read 11,697,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3110happy View Post
Try a forum search. The Apex-Holly Springs area has been mentioned in quite a few threads. Good luck !

Old 03-02-2007, 09:27 AM

161 posts, read 683,330 times
The fact is that you can obtain a really good primary and secondary education here. You have to get to know how to take advantage of the school system. My children go to magnet schools and are doing quite well. Enloe is one of the top rated HS in the country. Just look at the average SAT scores in some of the local base HS. After living here all your life, I'm sure things seem like they are changing too quickly but from where people are coming from they see Raleigh and Cary as hope; that a family can support themselves. They also see possible future for their children. So I quess it depends on what people are comparing it to and where they come from.

Old 03-05-2007, 11:19 AM

48 posts, read 185,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lynnsprufera View Post
Just look at the average SAT scores in some of the local base HS. After living here all your life, I'm sure things seem like they are changing too quickly but from where people are coming from they see Raleigh and Cary as hope; that a family can support themselves. They also see possible future for their children. So I quess it depends on what people are comparing it to and where they come from.

Any suggestion about where to find the SAT reports? I have had a terrible time trying to find out the SAT stats for individual schools. You are so right about it depending on where you are coming from. We are coming from one of the top school systems in the country (MD/DC area) so we are admittedly very interested in the school district we would be moving to. We have heard wonderful things about Wake schools but SAT scores don't seem to be posted for each school specifically so it's difficult to compare.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary