Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-29-2008, 07:27 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,051,088 times

Advertisements

Can anyone recommend subdivisions in between Walmart and White Oaks shopping? We are looking for a woodsy neighborhood, not cookie-cutter, a little spread out and possibly a community pool. (in Clayton) We are looking under $150K for 1400 sq ft and up. Hoping for Clayton High School.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2008, 08:33 AM

Where are you Ferrickhead?? LOL

Old 06-30-2008, 09:48 AM

1,515 posts, read 6,981,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
Where are you Ferrickhead?? LOL
Ha ha!
Right here!

There is a really nice subdivision off of Guy Rd in Clayton. I personally, am not a fan of guy rd, I often got stuck behind a tractor or two doing 5 mph and I'm a speed demon. I admit it, I like to hit the gas often so guy rd drove me bonders. I think the builder is Scott Lee. I can't remember for the life of me the name of the subdivison though. Very, very nice houses!

There are several really nice subdivisons off of hwy 70 east between White Oak and Clayton High. Lionsgate has some cute houses, plus you get access to all of the Fred Smith communities (including riverwood!) so you can pool-hop if you wanted to.
NC New Homes - Clayton, NC (http://www.fredsmithhomes.com/lionsgate.cfm - broken link)
Not really "woodsy" though.

There are also a couple of nice neighborhoods off of hwy 42 which runs parallel to hwy 70. We rented a house in one neighborhood off of 42 at the guy rd intersection, one that I would probably NOT recommend (kind of noisy) but PM me if you want the name.

I honestly wanted a house with no trees (thanks to an ice storm a few years ago) so I didnt do alot of houses-surrounded-by-trees neighborhood. I know there are a couple of nice homes for sale off of Westminister street that is in Cobblestone, and I believe they are on the same HOA as ours so you will have access to the pool. Very quiet neighborhood and the houses are very nice.

Hope that helps some!

Old 06-30-2008, 12:57 PM

Funny you say that! The house I was looking at is off Westminster. PM me info you have subs to stay away from or subs you recommend. Thanks for all your help!

Old 07-01-2008, 06:46 AM

850 posts, read 3,625,345 times
The S/D off Guy Rd is Lee Forest but the homes I think start at about $200K. Also, at some point on 70, close to White Oak it changes to Garner (white oak is actually in Garner).

We looked in Cobblestone too and LOVED the Anderson homes. I did some research and we sought out Anderson looking at several S/D's around the Triangle. Anyhow, the location didn't fit what we were looking for but the homes were gorgeous/to die for!

Lauren

Old 07-01-2008, 10:03 AM

1,515 posts, read 6,981,776 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
Funny you say that! The house I was looking at is off Westminster. PM me info you have subs to stay away from or subs you recommend. Thanks for all your help!
I think Westminister is probably what you are looking for. I like it alot, it has ALOT of trees, very "woodsy" feeling. Its one of those neighborhoods that has some trees in the front that "arch" over the street, looks very pretty. Very quiet too, everyone seems extremely nice. Definately not cookie-cutter either!

Old 07-01-2008, 03:39 PM

2 posts, read 6,169 times
Interested in the suburb of Glen Laurel. Would you recommend that neighborhood or Flower Point etc. We are looking to pay 250K-350k. Also, which neighborhood would have greater access to the interstate? If there are other neighborhoods that I haven't mentioned, feel free to inform me. BTW, the kids are gone, so schools don't play into this equation.

Old 03-04-2009, 05:06 AM

21 posts, read 63,477 times
becky we are looking in white oak plantation off guy road right now and it has the feel you are mentioning as we are looking for the exact same thing. good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary