Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 03:02 PM

12 posts, read 40,697 times

Advertisements

Hmmm!

We are considering reporting the mis-treatment of our neighbors dogs, but don't know who to report it to... Places like the Human Society web site, are not very clear about what to do and if anything at all will be done...

Any "good" suggestions are appreciated , especially from someone that has first hand knowledge of the reporting process.

Thanks for the time, Guitto.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2009, 03:06 PM

6,297 posts, read 16,093,500 times
If you are in Raleigh, call the 831-6311 number for animal cruelty. If elsewhere in Wake County, call the Wake County number, 250-1475. (These are links I put together for my own non-profit neighborhood website, and so there is no copyright infringement.)

ANIMAL LINKS:

Can't find owners of stray pet?
Call 831-6311, Animal Control of Wake County (Raleigh police).

Lost an animal? Or want to adopt a pet? Contact:

- SPCA of Wake County 772-2326

- Animal Control of Wake County 250-1475

Found injured wild animal?
Call 781-5145: After Hours Animal Emergency Clinic, ]409 Vick Ave, (off Glenwood Avenue near the Beltine) Raleigh. (No cost to you for wild animals; they do accept donations.)

To report wildlife violations: Call 707-0040, NC Wildlife Resources Commission

Old 03-15-2009, 03:08 PM

8,269 posts, read 25,103,510 times
I have never reported anything like that, but the Wake County SPCA with such complaints.

there is a link at the bottom of this page: SPCA of Wake County: SPCA of Wake County: Frequently Asked Questions

Old 03-15-2009, 03:09 PM

1,877 posts, read 5,342,628 times
Call the Humane Society. This is the process they go by Reporting Animal Abuse or Neglect | The Humane Society of the United States (http://www.hsus.org/pets/issues_affecting_our_pets/animal_abuse_and_neglect/reporting_animal_abuse_or_neglect.html - broken link)

Old 03-15-2009, 03:14 PM

6,297 posts, read 16,093,500 times
Both the links in the posts above link back to the advice of calling Animal Control, which I mentioned: If you are in Raleigh, call the 831-6311 number for animal cruelty. If elsewhere in Wake County, call the Wake County number, 250-1475.

Old 03-15-2009, 03:45 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,055,357 times
If you believe the dogs are being mistreated, please don't hesitate to call! They can't speak for themselves and we don't want to see them suffer.

Old 03-15-2009, 04:04 PM

144 posts, read 130,925 times
Call the non-emergency police hotline in your county. What's the mis-treatment by the way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ME_Guitto View Post
Hmmm!

We are considering reporting the mis-treatment of our neighbors dogs, but don't know who to report it to... Places like the Human Society web site, are not very clear about what to do and if anything at all will be done...

Any "good" suggestions are appreciated , especially from someone that has first hand knowledge of the reporting process.

Old 03-15-2009, 04:06 PM

280 posts, read 741,164 times
Glad you are looking out for the dogs

Old 03-15-2009, 04:36 PM

12 posts, read 40,697 times
Default Animal Cruelty in Wake County

As Lovebrentwood suggested, I put a call into the wake county number, and filed a report... Since no-one is on duty, it will be dispatched out, and I will be contacted to discuss the situation...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovebrentwood View Post
Both the links in the posts above link back to the advice of calling Animal Control, which I mentioned: If you are in Raleigh, call the 831-6311 number for animal cruelty. If elsewhere in Wake County, call the Wake County number, 250-1475.
Granted it is up to interpretation, as to whether this is considered cruelty to animals... But, I would rather file the report and at least have it checked out.

I went across the pond to the neighbors and took some pic's... I would consider it cruelty to animals, but I believe dogs are part of the family...

Two medium sized dogs don't need to be put in a 4-5' X 4-5' pen with "crap" on 1/3 of the pen, with 1 of the dogs being very imaciated, and the other just moderately.

Thanks again for the responses & information

Keep your fingers crossed for a better home for the dogs!

guitto

Old 03-15-2009, 04:55 PM

770 posts, read 2,753,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ME_Guitto View Post
Hmmm!

My experience of Wake county animal cruelty people is that they have a poor response. I have NEVER had a call back about my neighbours dogs I must have called 5 or 6 times over a 5 year period . Dogs left uncared for while they go on vacation, out in very sub zero temps, wandering the roads etc etc .
Its very disappointing and frustrating - hope you have better luck
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary