Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-23-2008, 06:54 PM

3 posts, read 20,683 times

Advertisements

What do you think? Would this be a good investment? The prices on the newly constructed rowhouses have been reduced, and it's tempting. My main concern is that the community is being sold to be like the "Urban Village" feel of Meadowmont in Chapel Hill- apparently the same developer. As slowly as properties are moving, though,I wonder if there's reason to worry whether or not the rest of the "village" -shops, restaraunts, etc- will actually be constructed. Also, is there a potential that prices will fall even further? Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-23-2008, 08:07 PM

2,024 posts, read 5,915,230 times
Haven't checked the community in a few months, but the first phase sold out **really** quickly and at good prices. Craig Davis is one of the strongest local developers; I could see the retail phase getting delayed, but given all the focus on job growth in the Park, not to mention the Research Triangle Foundation's new master plan (likely to call for increased density and added housing/services in RTP), I'm sure it will get built out at some point.

The restoration of the transit proposal would hasten this but given its location it's happening anyway.

Frankly, it's been my impression that Davis Park has been one of the least-impacted new-build developments in Durham.

Old 03-23-2008, 09:21 PM

45 posts, read 178,856 times
We were looking at the Davis Park units. In park layout they put the planned train station that is no longer being built. Also it has a fitness center that is also gone. There were many things that were on the "coming soon" that were actually never coming. This made us think about the 5-8 year future of what they expect to build. I know they had alot of investors buying up lots and did see a few places for rent. We ended up going with a home that was more then double the size of what we were getting at Davis Park + a backyard and literally just down the street.

Old 03-23-2008, 09:40 PM

3 posts, read 20,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragoninla View Post
In park layout they put the planned train station that is no longer being built. Also it has a fitness center that is also gone. There were many things that were on the "coming soon" that were actually never coming.
Do you know of any other "coming soon" amenities that are now off the list? When I asked the sales center directly, they only mentioned the wellness center. Thanks!

Old 03-24-2008, 07:43 AM

The only ones that I know of are the fitness center and the train station. There are other things on the development plan such as a hotel, shops, etc but the actual build is so far out its possible that it will change as well. Just ask them and they will probably tell you that its planned but nothing is written in stone yet.

Old 03-24-2008, 09:37 AM

169 posts, read 541,014 times
Looks like the condos are more popular than the townhomes. They are in the process of building a large building of condos behind the other ones. Maybe a little too big.

Old 09-01-2009, 05:25 PM

16 posts, read 62,841 times
Is this project nearing completion and do we know what will come to the town center? Perhaps a Harris Teeter?

Old 09-01-2009, 05:55 PM

161 posts, read 581,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthCaroline View Post
Is this project nearing completion and do we know what will come to the town center? Perhaps a Harris Teeter?
Isn't there a Harris Teeter just down the road from there?

Old 09-02-2009, 07:10 AM

The condo we originally planned to purchase just finished a few months ago. Well over a year past the original expected completion date they told us. It doesn't look like much construction is occuring either as I drive past it everyday. Everything on the development is "planned" and not written in stone so they may cancel like they did with some of the other amenities originally "planned".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary