Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-29-2009, 01:42 PM

532 posts, read 2,846,488 times

Advertisements

I've been putting in calls to landscaping/hardscaping companies to have them come out and take a look at my project and give me a bid, but many don't even return my calls or answer my emails. I'm sure they are scurrying around with their booked fall projects.

What I'm wondering is, when is a better time for me to contact these folks? Aka, when is their not-so-busy season when they might have time for me and maybe have a special or discount??

I need retaining walls, new beds that sort of thing. Can this type of stuff be done year round?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-29-2009, 02:26 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,093,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cstleddy View Post
I've been putting in calls to landscaping/hardscaping companies to have them come out and take a look at my project and give me a bid, but many don't even return my calls or answer my emails. I'm sure they are scurrying around with their booked fall projects.

What I'm wondering is, when is a better time for me to contact these folks? Aka, when is their not-so-busy season when they might have time for me and maybe have a special or discount??

I need retaining walls, new beds that sort of thing. Can this type of stuff be done year round?
I'm not sure why they don't call you back. I don't care how busy you are, it's just a courtesy and professional to return a customers call. My husband does that work in FL and that's just what we do.

Actually, right now we are slow. Not sure how it is there. It usually pics up in couple weeks for a little bit b/c ppl want to get their yards ready for the holidays.

Where are you detting your leads from. Maybe, ask friends for recommendations. Alot of the work we do is from recommendations b/c ppl are pleased with our work.

You can do that work year round. I hope you can get somebody out for a quote.

Old 10-30-2009, 06:39 AM

148 posts, read 560,122 times
PM me for a recommendation. My neighbor has a company and does great work.

Old 11-03-2009, 07:33 PM

532 posts, read 2,846,488 times
Default Update

I finally got someone to come over and take a look at a retaining wall project. He came on a Friday and said he'd have a quote for me Monday. Two Monday's have come and gone and I've not heard from this guy - who I obviously will not use.

I went to the home show and spoke with a few landscapers there and asked them to call. Nothing yet. One promised to call Monday. No call.

What is it with folks??

I contacted another company (hardscapers) via their new website last month and never heard back from them so I called them. (technical difficulties with website). This guy was great and came by the next morning. He said he'd call the next day with pricing. He didn't call the next day but did call the day after that and I signed a contract with him yesterday. He stopped by today to drop off materials and will begin work tomorrow. With the building slump, they are trying to get individual client work (as opposed to huge blocks of work from builders) and are trying to grow their business. I'll see how they do on my retaining walls. If they do a good job, I've got more work for them.

They obviously have time in their schedule to pick up new jobs. We'll see when the others get around to calling me.

Old 11-04-2009, 09:16 AM

3,501 posts, read 6,170,969 times
cstleddy, please keep us posted on how it goes. I'm looking for somebody too. PM me if you'd rather and let me know what you think of him.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary