Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-19-2009, 11:59 AM

4 posts, read 11,695 times

Advertisements

Hello All -
I have been in the Raleigh area for about six months and finally have insurance. I was previously seeing the same doctor for approximately five years regarding degenerative disc disease in my lower back, sciatica, and other back pain issues which were documented via MRI and other fun (expensive) procedures.

Could anyone recommend a Neurologist, or Pain Management, doctor within a 40 mile radius of Raleigh? I would much prefer a doctor who would prescribe pain medicine as well as give referrals for physical therapy, as this routine has helped the past few years. Having no insurance and thus no treatment the past six years have not done me any good in the back health department.

There are so many doctors in this area but being new to the area I have no desire to go to multiple doctors before I find one I am comfortable with, even though this is what may have to be done.

I appreciate any help you can offer. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-19-2009, 12:42 PM

932 posts, read 3,097,752 times
I have similar problems and was going to Raleigh Orthopedic Clinic. They were able to refer me for PT and pain management. I went to Rex Healthcare for PT and they were great. I saw Dr. Chen at Rex Pain Management. I did 2 courses of ESI's and had to stop because the steroids wreaked havoc on my Diabetes. Good luck, back problems are the worst.

Raleigh Orthopaedic Clinic
REX - UNC Health Care: Rex Pain Management Center

Old 12-19-2009, 02:03 PM

4 posts, read 11,695 times
I saw that hospitals like Rex, UNC, etc all offer pain management programs but have zero experience on what a hospital setting is like for these kinds of issues. I was seeing an ortho for these past years but it's time to move onto a more specialized type of care and see a neuro and/or PM person.

I appreciate your help.

Old 12-19-2009, 05:14 PM

1,424 posts, read 5,337,516 times
Duke University Medical Center has a pain clinic. DUMC Division of Neurology : Pain Clinic I know anyone who has used it, but it might be worth looking into...

Old 12-20-2009, 06:40 PM

62 posts, read 224,740 times
Dr Thomas Buchheit at the Rex Pain Management Center.
I worked for him and have been a pt as well for the Herniated Discs in my neck. I had a Cervical Radiofrequency in April 2008, have not had any pain since.

I've recommended him to many -- family and friends...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary