Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary
 [Register]
Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary The Triangle Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2006, 02:32 AM

1,232 posts, read 3,781,759 times

Advertisements

Can everyone post some good short term rentals to investigate starting in Mid-August? This can be anything that we can obtain from a month to a couple more. Any recommendations?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2006, 06:42 PM

333 posts, read 1,201,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliBoy
Can everyone post some good short term rentals to investigate starting in Mid-August? This can be anything that we can obtain from a month to a couple more. Any recommendations?
you might want to sniff around raleigh.craigslist.com - they will have a big housing section, rentals, etc. I think there are sites like apartment.com or rent.com too and some of those might have month to month.

Old 08-04-2006, 09:52 PM

4,975 posts, read 11,697,311 times
link removed was helpful to us when we moved here!

Last edited by Yac; 08-05-2006 at 01:24 PM..

Old 08-05-2006, 12:02 PM

312 posts, read 1,905,200 times
We had a hard time finding a short-term rental. We put our ads in craigslist and people responded to us well. Most of them don't want pets in their rental. So we used apartments.com and fill out the questionaire. Most of them replies to us on same day and/or next day. We found several apartments in Apex that are extremely helpful, even though they don't offer short-term leases. They have renters who live there already in needing to get out sooner (due to house done building, job transfer, etc) and the apartment manager is willing to give us their lease so they wont have to get penalty for it.

I don't know about you, but we have pets and it was hard for us to find a place that accept pets. I think you should be fine.

Old 08-05-2006, 12:17 PM

1,232 posts, read 3,781,759 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cakeprincess
We had a hard time finding a short-term rental. We put our ads in craigslist and people responded to us well. Most of them don't want pets in their rental. So we used apartments.com and fill out the questionaire. Most of them replies to us on same day and/or next day. We found several apartments in Apex that are extremely helpful, even though they don't offer short-term leases. They have renters who live there already in needing to get out sooner (due to house done building, job transfer, etc) and the apartment manager is willing to give us their lease so they wont have to get penalty for it.
We have a couple of well tamed pets, but it seems that pets out there must be more rambunctious as property owners do frown upon them. It may be more toward dogs, but yes, it's a challenge.

I will check out link removed . Although we are definitely not interested in a long term lease since we are buyers. However, checking in with management may not be a bad idea, we did call up one company, and it was amazing the fees. Companies couldn't get away with it here, unless things have change. One guy told me about a "hold" fee that sounds so ludicrous. Even if I walk into their office, put my money down, and move in right that very second, they charge a hold fee. Someone's gotta put a suit on the industry for that one. Are they friggin' kidding. That's pure robbery and I don't know how people put up with such a padded 'junk' fee.

As for Craigslist, it's a crapshoot. Lots of spammers on the Raleigh site and definitely having a hard time finding ads with responsive people. But CL has been our primary source of leads until now. I'll check out the other.

Thanks everyone!!!

Last edited by Yac; 08-05-2006 at 01:25 PM..

Old 08-06-2006, 05:21 PM

312 posts, read 1,905,200 times
Also, ask your NC realtor to mail you an apartment guidebook, which it's about 2 inches thick. The guidebook is very helpful, as it tells you which one has short-term lease. If you don't have a realtor yet, all you have to do is go into any realtor's website and send them an email with your special request. It's free. I got mine's from Fonville-Morsey.

Old 08-06-2006, 07:50 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,249,243 times
If you are looking for a VERY short term lease...I had clients that stayed on Six Forks Road at the place that offers you day to day, furnished studio apt. type lease. I think they said they paid about $40 per day. It was called America something. Let me know if you have any interest and I'll look it up for you. Vicki

Old 08-06-2006, 07:51 PM

12,475 posts, read 32,249,243 times
Most apt. in the area will allow you to have a 3 month lease...but they charge you an extra $150 per month for it. I also had clients that did that and stayed in a very nice apt. with their large dog. Vicki
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill, Cary