Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Rapid City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-29-2007, 05:13 PM

1 posts, read 2,285 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have a good real estate agent in Rapid City or the Black Hills?

We're looking to buy in the next year or two. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2007, 05:55 PM

393 posts, read 1,070,490 times
Hi Marcia,

Like you, I'm looking out there too. I've been dreaming of moving there for years now. I've had some contact with realtors out there that I found on the internet, they've been helpful and sent me information about Sturgis traffic counts, building permit reports, etc... But, I have to say, I don't think any of that will amount to much until I actually get out there and look around and meet some people. My suggestion is to find what you can on the internet, email all the realtors you can find and be honest about your intentions and time line. Some may not be interested in working too hard for you if they think you are a year or two out, others may be looking to develop a relationship.

Lastly, I think if you head out there and take a look, you'll find yourself wanting to speed up your time table! ;-) I for one, can't wait to get there!

Good luck!

Old 09-29-2007, 06:44 PM

3,941 posts, read 14,728,369 times
Most realtors in the Rapid City area and the Black Hills region are very hepful and will look forward to building a relationship with you and they will look out for your needs. There aren't too many arrogant or rude realtors like you would find in a large city. People around here tend to look out for one another.

Old 09-29-2007, 06:48 PM

1,299 posts, read 2,860,595 times
If you are looking in the Hot Springs area you could contact Cathy Sotherland at 605-890-6225. I bought a lot thru her last fall and was happy with her service after working with another Realtor that I wasn't happy with. I am not sure how much help she can be in the northern hills, but she know Hot Springs and the surrounding area quite well.
uh
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Rapid City