Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Rapid City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2009, 01:05 PM

69 posts, read 178,104 times

Advertisements

The wife and I were wondering what place we want to hit up for our Anniversary, we decided on the Sunset Grille but what are some other really good somewhat fancy places to eat in the area? We've been to Pirate's Table which was very good, and Minervas which was good too.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-03-2009, 04:18 PM

3,941 posts, read 14,713,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGBvsCMYK View Post
The wife and I were wondering what place we want to hit up for our Anniversary, we decided on the Sunset Grille but what are some other really good somewhat fancy places to eat in the area? We've been to Pirate's Table which was very good, and Minervas which was good too.
My favorite place is Delmonico. The fillet is AMAZING and the lobster tail has only been surpassed by lobster I had in the Carolinas once before. Their creme brulee is better than any creme brulee that I ever had in France.

Then I like the Enigma at The Downtown Radisson. Their pear and goat cheese salad is fantastic.

The Wine Cellar on 6th Street has a great cheese plate.

Botticelli has cioppinno that will make you slap your momma! Oh boy it's sooo good!

I also like The Alpine in Hill City, The Fireside up in Johnson Siding, and The Bay Leaf and Roma's in Spearfish. The Panini Cafe in Piedmont is nice too for lunch. There are a lot of great places to eat around the Black Hills.

Old 01-03-2009, 04:32 PM

We decided on the Fireside, its a little pricey but its the anniversary so it really doesnt matter too much. its a good drive from the base (about 45mins) but nothing extreme.

edit: scratch that.. the wife doesnt want to go that far so we are back to square one on deciding where to go...

Old 01-03-2009, 07:09 PM

1,582 posts, read 3,109,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyBanany View Post
My favorite place is Delmonico. The fillet is AMAZING and the lobster tail has only been surpassed by lobster I had in the Carolinas once before. Their creme brulee is better than any creme brulee that I ever had in France.

Then I like the Enigma at The Downtown Radisson. Their pear and goat cheese salad is fantastic.

The Wine Cellar on 6th Street has a great cheese plate.

Botticelli has cioppinno that will make you slap your momma! Oh boy it's sooo good!

I also like The Alpine in Hill City, The Fireside up in Johnson Siding, and The Bay Leaf and Roma's in Spearfish. The Panini Cafe in Piedmont is nice too for lunch. There are a lot of great places to eat around the Black Hills.
Danny, when do you want to meet for lunch? You are going to have to show me around to all these places when I get out there!

Old 01-03-2009, 08:00 PM

27,957 posts, read 39,768,238 times
Alpine Inn in Hill City is good. Granted its quite a drive from the base. The Firehouse is also an option in downtown Rapid.

Old 01-03-2009, 10:10 PM

well the wife and I decided on Delmonico. It's a cozy little place that was great for an anniversary, or a small group. The prices range $20-$26 a plate and their big lobster meal was $45. I had the full rack of lamb at $30 it wasnt too bad, considering a "full" rack only had 4 ribs, it was in a port wine reduction sauce.. good stuff. The Creme brulee was amazing along with a very nice cup of joe. We had some imports for dinner as drinks and our lovely waiter didnt charge us for the drinks or the coffee. All together with tip it was around $80, not bad for an anniversary.

Pros: Great service and food
Cons: A little pricey, Chairs are hard wood and not very comfortable. I would give it a 4 out of 5

Old 01-03-2009, 11:43 PM

3,941 posts, read 14,713,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by no8fann View Post
Danny, when do you want to meet for lunch? You are going to have to show me around to all these places when I get out there!
Haha! Come on over and we'll spend a day on the town!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGBvsCMYK View Post
well the wife and I decided on Delmonico. It's a cozy little place that was great for an anniversary, or a small group. The prices range $20-$26 a plate and their big lobster meal was $45. I had the full rack of lamb at $30 it wasnt too bad, considering a "full" rack only had 4 ribs, it was in a port wine reduction sauce.. good stuff. The Creme brulee was amazing along with a very nice cup of joe. We had some imports for dinner as drinks and our lovely waiter didnt charge us for the drinks or the coffee. All together with tip it was around $80, not bad for an anniversary.

Pros: Great service and food
Cons: A little pricey, Chairs are hard wood and not very comfortable. I would give it a 4 out of 5
I'm glad you had a nice anniversary. I've never had the rack of lamb there but I do love their port wine reduction. I think they have a salad in a pomegranate reduction too and it's pretty good. And how about that creme brulee!

Old 01-04-2009, 12:04 AM

86 posts, read 270,364 times
my favorite place in rapid city is Delmonico...every meal there is amazing. My favorite place used to be the sunset grill, but the chef moved to Delmonico so I did too!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > South Dakota > Rapid City